whats yr favorite restaurant

Fatbastard

pasathai said:

the brazillian bbq in the asia hotel is great if you want to pig out.

you don't even have to leave your sets, as they bring the food around to you. ( mobile buffett I call it)

the few times we have been there, the thai girls seem to beable to eat waaay more than us mere farangs

I had a Brazilian bbq in Villahermosa, Mexico once. Really fabulous!

I'll keep the asia hotel in mind on my next visit to bkk.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:
BadaBing said:

from a tourist's point of view , i always enjoy a night out at the Vientiane (?) Kitchen , suk / soi 36

Bada :beer: Bing

The food there is still good, but I think it got mentioned in Lonely Planet, and got over run with tourists...lost a bit of charm...I liked the place around the corner "Bane Lao" better, but they closed...

Didnt notice the tourist thing when I have been there , maybe off nights :grinyes: I particually enjoy the music and dancing they do there. Very entertaining

Bada :: Bing

For Issaarn eats, there is a place...ok, bad directions here...take BTS to On Nut, get off...walk to tesco, into parking lotm ake a left and go down the street, and on the left...I used to be closer, but had to move for some reason, cheap, and really good! tent type place...

For Issaarn eats, there is a place...ok, bad directions here...take BTS to On Nut, get off...walk to tesco, into parking lotm ake a left and go down the street, and on the left...I used to be closer, but had to move for some reason, cheap, and really good! tent type place...

I believe the place is gone. I used to live right near there and only got food poisoning 2x from that place.

Not sure, maybe same place...it was closer to Texco, then move further down the same Soi, on the left, previously, it was on the corner, first intersection from Sukhumvit, on the right...never got fick there, and always liked the place...Mrs. Hippie #2 did get a little sick one night after eating there, she blamed it on a cocktail at Saxaphone pub... who knows...? :dunno: :dunno:

My favourite restaurant in Bangkok is Zanotti, the Italian restaurant on Soi Sala Daeng. It is a fine dining type place, but the prices are remarkably reasonable. The wife and I go along about once a month, usually share an appetiser, have a main and a dessert each and a drink or two each and the bill is not usually more than about 2,000 baht which is VERY good considering the quality.

I also like Angelini and Limoncello a lot. Yep, I am sold on Italian food.

For a buffet, I love the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit.

Stick

Archived