Nana Pickpocket Warning

StoneSoup

they run when the police come for a very good reason: most of the flower kids are from Cambodia and in thailand illegally, including the vietnamese ones, I'll bet (it's very easy to illegally enter cambodia for vietnamese people)...and there are a bunch who speak vietnamese.

preahko

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When the cops come to hustle the beggars, they have been taught to take off running. They usually end up in the alley between Amari Hotel and the Beer Garden in a group of 6-8 including handlers.

The old hag that runs these kids should be taught a lesson. "

***( probably lives in the same condo building as the ppl that drop off the beggars every day)

we know this, the police know this, but it still goes on.

beat to keep your "phone by hand" in a zipped pocket.

anyone recall the news story a while back of the guy that kept a fake wallett ( with copied usd$ in it) got it lifted , later the peresons that tryed to change the money got arrested?

My bar irl friend told me the flower kids (the ones that cling like baby monkeys) are Burmese.. She seemed to have no sympathy for them at all..

OP,

I would have handled her roughly, and let her know to either improve her technique so as not to get caught, or to get a different job! Maybe a decent backhand would be sufficient...itis all some understand...I had some 13 year old kid, 1/4 my size start up with me at a market her in the USA, had the rag on his head, the puffy oversized parka, and baggy pants, really playing the part of a "G" I slapped that little mother fucker with a back hand hard, knocked him down, he didn't say shit, just ran away...hope he learned, but doubt he did...but, sometimes it takes a village to raise a chold when a kid doesn't learn from his parents... I mean what kind of parent lets the kid out, during school hours dressed in gang colors...? that was 3 years ago, statistically, the kid is dead or in Prision now...unless my slap helped...

nuts said:

During my last trip to BKK I was staying at the Die nasty hotel and I kept having one little boy selling flowers grab me around the leg and not letting go. My first thought was that he was trying to steal my wallet. But after checking my pockets and finally extacting the little fellow from my leg. After walking with him attached to me for half a block. I had nothing missing. I found this was rather stange and annoying.

But what can you do to a little kid?

Thanks for the warning.

A mate told me of the time he was out for a walk in Bombay when suddenly 2 boys, aged maybe 4 or 5 years, each grabbed a leg and then their "handler" helped himself to my mate's wallet. It was either give up the wallet or the camera bag :( All done very, very quickly ::

-redwood

I think it would be great to use the dye packs on the thief flower kids and also on the ladyboys ,

I guess we can say this forever , but why don't the cops do anything about this ?

Is it because its in the "red light" area ,

would they let the same thing go on this long in the "real" tourist area , (wherever that is?)

or are tourist fair game for both theifs and cops :(

OC

I think we are back to the fact that normal patrolmen get maybe ~B7K/mo and need the tea money to simply pay the bills. So if there is no high profile complaints (e.g., the Kiwi death in Pattaya), this will just keep on keeping on since the "Fagins" obviously pay enough to keep the low level MiB away.

To me, the solution is to pay the coppers a living wage so they do not need to take bribes, then enforce the rule against those who do. Most of the coppers I meet here are good guys who want to be good cops, but have to make shitty choices to feed their family (i.e., ignore crimes that have victims who a] can afford it and b] are not harmed physically).

Cheers,

SD

PS -- Busty, you are spot on, it is a shitty situation. IMHO, you did the right thing re: retaliation against the kid, and the only thing you can do (as you did) is to pass the warning to others. Thanks for that!!!

Archived