Bangkok or Pattaya?

Goody

Hey guys,

I am a Newbie here, I am planning a trip to Thai at the end of this month. I am gonna be in KL for 3 weeks for work and considering heading into Thailand for one of the weekends. I have been to Bangkok early this yr on transit and absolutely loved every minute of it.

The confusion I have now after reading reviews in this board is whether Bangkok is better or Pattaya in terms of Nightlife. I am not interested in Sightseeing and things, just looking for fun fun fun.... for two days I am gonna spend there. Your suggestions are much appreciated. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi goody,

Welcome aboard. This question has been asked many times so if you look back through older posts you will see many opinions. They have different styles so it is a matter of what you want and individual tastes.

Personally, in your situation, I would go for Pattaya because it is more of a holiday town - but read the Safe Travel Advisory in the General Discussion section.

Khwai

Coke or Pepsi?

Ford or Chevy?

Navy or Marines?

Man-U or Arsenal?

Some questions just start arguments and have no "right" answer. Kwai's advice about looking at old posts is good, but the nature of Thailand is that the fun levels in places change with the wind, so don't take old posts as gospel either.

BTW, I vote Bangkok. :neener:

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

Coke or Pepsi?

Ford or Chevy?

Navy or Marines?

Man-U or Arsenal?

Some questions just start arguments and have no "right" answer.

Indeed, all the options presented here by sd are obviously plain wrong. The right answers are, in order:

Oolong tea, steeped for 2.34 minutes;

Wartburg, 1964 model without the optional enhanced shock absorbers;

Mogadishu militias on their 'technicals';

Benfica di Roma, when Cruyff and Pele were playing for them.

I guess sd is merely trying to confuse the newbie OP here. Shame on you, sd! :nono:

OP should just advance-book airasia tix from kl to bkk for each weekend he's in kl -- nothing to do there, so much to do here. Even Phitsanulok, for instance, is far more fun and fascinating than kl.

Go Wartburg go!

Goody,

The drawback to pattaya for someone who is only staying for two days is that you have to travel there. Maybe a two hour drive. I avoid to spend time in a car or bus if i only have a short time to have some fun.

Thanks guys for all your input. I think since it is only 2 days, I might stick to where I know (Bangkok). Anyway the last time I was there I didnt even left Nana :) So maybe this time I will venture into Soi Cowboy since I seen a lot of reviews here saying Soi Cowboy is better than Nana.

Archived