A Formal Introduction

Nuts

Hello All,

I have been lurking and posting on this board for a couple of months now, but I have not introduced myself properly, so here is my introduction.

I am 26 years old and currently serving in the USMC on active duty. Scheduled to go to Iraq for 7 months in September.

I made my first trip to Thailand and Cambodia in March of 06 and completely fell in love with SE Asia. I am already planning my next trip for when I get back from Iraq.

I want to thank all of you for the invaluable information and insight that I have gotten from this site.

Nuts

Glad you liked your visit to Thailand, it's addicting. Good luck with your tour in Iraq, keep your head down. As a former Marine and Vietnam Vet, I know how things are when you are in a hostile area. Hope things work out well for you and when you return to Thailand I am sure you will have a great time. Semper Fi

For those who have not had the privilege of having a whole race of people trying to kill you . . . well . . . you really don't know what your are missing.

God . . . do I miss carrying a couple of hand grenades in one pocket , C/4 in the other pocket of my flak jacket, .45 on my hip, M-60 on my shoulder, and 200 rounds of 7.62.

Ahh. . . the good old days. Another war, another time.

God Bless the policiticans who provided me with this privilege.

I do miss the smell of gun powder on a damp misty morning in Southeast Asia!

Archived