Dubai nightlife

CarlBkk

Londonfun,

Forget the Arab girls, they are never found in such sanuk places. You may find some in the Kasbah (at the Royal Mirage Hotel), but, IMHO, you need to be in the circle of locals just to get talking to them, then if you do manage to get involved your in for lots of trouble with the local arabs. As for arab men, you will not see any in thier national dress (the white dishdash) in nightclubs - its against the law. Strictly no muslim person is allowed in such places, but when your wearing your jeans and speak english - who will know??

As Groover mentioned, Dubai is quite a cliquey environment when it comes to mingling with the "genuine" girls. It will really depend on how outgoing you are (party animal??) and even then there is no guarranttee. You only have two days - upto you if your after some guarrantted sanuk and want to try the eastern bloc, chinese or african girls. Filipinas are more difficult to be found, never found one on the game myself yet.

As Groover mentioned, the "classy" venues will have long queues on Thursday night, and unless you try and get in just after they open at 10pm, if your not accompanied you'll be queueing a long time to get in. I would also point out these clubs don't really get going until after 11pm / midnight, and all will close by 3am, so you don't have much time in two days. The "classy" venues will all be quiet on Friday night, with very little action in any of them. IMHO, you will not get very far in these places unless your part of a group or have already got in with a crowd in a bar prior to going to these places.

I have no personel experience with the Capitol Hotel, but my guess will be you should have no problems.

Remember, 95% of people in Dubai are expats, working here for a few years. There are so many different nationalities. The nightclub scene is relativly small compared to london and a 'new face' will take people time to accept.

Let us know how you get on.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he means is she some type of "tea lady" , that is a person who serves tea/dinner whatever , maybe on the airlines if I read the thread correctly .....he sounds like an Ozzzztraaaaliaaan to me ....what say? smile.gif" border="0

Steve

I meant does she work for Emirates? It's just that you mentioned she might be going on a trip....

And Zoot, no I am not an Aussie! I'm 100% Scottish - and my girlfriend is a Thai air hostess who like to think of herself as "in-transit safety". And who am I to argue? blush.gif" border="0)

Groover

hey LF

I'm hoping the Capitol is guest-friendly? Perfect scenario would be: classy club, house music, decent women who may be up for some fun if they like what they see.....genuine girls instead of dishing out the dollar, but if that's a no-go, then no worries - it's only 2 days :-)

LF

25? Then you don't want to hang out with the 30-somethings like me then! I think that you are more likely to prefer somewhere like Planetarium for the music and they do have some tasty women there.

If you are looking for a beer first then try Scarlets (Emirates Towers) or Long Bar (Rotana Towers) before hitting the club. You will get some totty in both although in my cynical eyes they will be of the Affected Tart variety.

The Brit girls who come over here think they are worth a helluva lot more than a Brit guy so their attitude tends to stink. After a few years, they tend to mellow and realise that their shit isn't ice-cream but by then we've moved on!

Give it a go by all means, but IMHO I would be surprised if you get your leg over with a resident without knowing her in advance. As Steve says, they do keep to themselves which is why I loved my time in NZ last year since the girls' attitude there was a million miles away from what I am used to here.

Don't get me wrong, it can be done - but if you really want to score (and let's face it, you will pay one way or the other) then give Stayin' Alive a hit. The quality isn't as good, but it's the nearest thing we have to somewhere like Kings Disco or Tonys!

have a good one and let us have a trip report! Incidentally Steve, the new bar at the York Hotel officially opens on Thursday night. i went in to see it last night and it is HUGE. The rock band are in place, there are three pool tables and all the staff have been recruited from Zodiac. I also popped into Stayin' Alive and there were quite a few nice chinese girls on the prowl.

But being the good boy that I am......

Groover

Groover,

now I understand... my other half is just a housewife who goes on frequent trips to see her parents back home...she does not work....

Good news about this new venue...but I heard that the Stayin' Alive club at the old Heritage hotel is about to re-open...will be confusing with two names the same??

Good news about this new venue...but I heard that the Stayin' Alive club at the old Heritage hotel is about to re-open...will be confusing with two names the same??

You are right - but the old Staying Alive has already re-opened. It is exactly the same as before with a good R'n'B/funk band that I saw on Friday. The build up has started and I expect it will be busy soon.

No need to be confused though - it is called Rockefellas...and the bar down stairs which was called brokers is now called Goodfellas. i was in there to watch Germany play some team in the world cup qualifiers and while the big screen is very good and pints are Dh14 up until 11pm, the service is pretty poor.

Groover

Groover,

I know that the Garage (Ramee Hotel) closed a couple of months ago, and has now re-opened. I've never been do you recommend it?

I was at the new Pizza Pomodoro a few weeks ago (Meridien Mina Seyahi) - looks like this place could have a few lebanese hookers. This was certanly the case at the place in Abu Dhabi (99) - had a couple of good stunning lebanese girls back then, although a little pricy at Dhs700.

Carn't wait until my other half goes on one of her trips!!

Ok guys, I leave after work this evening (will be watching England thrash the Refugee hotdog sellers at the airport pub first though), and I have your quality replies printed out as my Dubai Bible.

My last question is about the currency there...what's it called and how many to the £ at the moment please? (Leave the important things to last eh!).

Cheers.

The currency is called the Dirham. There are approx 5.25 dirhams to the Pound.

Change money at any bank at the airport. Avoid changing at the hotel if you can, as you will get a lousy exchange rate. You can change your Dirhams back to any other currency at any bank (hotel will not do this), my suggestion is do this at the airport on your departure. The dirham is difficult to exchange outside the UAE.

Look forward to hearing your trip report...

Archived