Dubai nightlife

CarlBkk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that the Garage (Ramee Hotel) closed a couple of months ago, and has now re-opened. I've never been do you recommend it?

The last time I was in the Garage - the original Dubai knocking shop - was a couple of years ago. I suppose it should be checked out at least once but really the ones in Bur Dubai are the same if not better.

As for the Pizza place at Mina Seyahi, I haven't been to that joint yet. But I would suspect the lebbo chicks would be after bigger pockets than mine!

Enjoy the place LF - we do want a Dubai trip report!

Groover

laugh.gif" border="0

Hi guys, nice to see a Dubai thread on the board. I've just moved to Bangkok after 15 years in Dubai and can verify everything that has been said. Dubai is a great fun place and right now wins over Bangkok with a 3am closing time, although I must admit I would not move back quickly. I do miss Rock Bottom and the Imperial Suites - York Hotel now I guess. Some great live music and great fun with the girls.

I would add that Henry J Beans (at the Capitol Hotel) on ladies night (Wed) is a good place to start the evening. Lots of single women looking for fun, some of which are asian.

I had a great time there but after 15 years, it was time for a change. If any of you Dubai guys are visiting LOS, please drop me an e-mail - it would be nice to meet up.

Performer

Well guys, I'm here and loving it. Capitol hotel is fantastic with nice efficient Filipinas working here (actually, they're everywhere here!). Started at Alamo last night (Thurs) with an ex-pat I met, but wasn't getting that busy so headed for the opening of the York club which was packed. Some nice black girls in there but decided to move on to see as much as possible.

Went to Rock Bottom after which was packed full of ex-pats (all ex-pats seem to be pretty easygoing and friendly though). Got chatted up by...a bloody English girl! Just what I'd come here to get away from - beginner's luck eh. Upstairs from that there's a fantastic Filipino club called Rocky's - we were the only Westerners in there and the girls were pretty and friendly with it. Good dancers in the band too. Two Filipinas befriended us and drove us to another Filipino club really out-of-the-way. By this time I was pretty gone so don't ask me the name of it, but it was in another hotel.

Tonight I think we're heading off to Jules bar to take a look..and then deciding where will be lively on a Friday night after that..

Cheers guys - I'm enjoying Dubai!

HI LF

Ahlan wa'sahlan!

Glad you are having a good time - I was at the York opening last night. Glad you liked it. I hope you weren't hanging out with the sad arse harley Davidson Arabs - all sunglasses and fresh t-shirts!

Rock Bottom is actually VERY good on a Friday so if you get this message before you go out, give it a whirl! It is karaoke night (sounds naff) but it is the weekend so you will get loads of people in there all letting their hair down!

I like Rocky's too - forgot to mention that one. Don't know which other nightclub you could have gone to - there are dozens of flip places - but it might have been Ermitas in the Panorama as that is about 5 minutes away.

Jules will be lively on a Friday but only after about 11.30pm. the band are fun and watch out for Nelson, the extremely camp lead singer. If he fancies you, then you've had it! Expect torch songs in your direction, kisses on the cheek etc etc

And watch out for the blokes - there are loads of gays in there!

Rock Bottoms and Rockys will both be good tonight....oh, and do Staying Alive in the Suites.

Have fun

Groover

15 years in Dubai? I think I probably know you - I've been here 13!

My beloved wants me to get over to Thailand with her soon so I may be there soon!

E-mail me at Groovy_34@hotmail.com and I'll let you know.

Wish I was in BKK and not DXB!

Groover

Henry J Beans good on wed night??

Aparantly there was a big bust up one night which scared everyone away. I looked in one evening some months later, but still dead as a ghost town. How long ago was it busy on a wed night? & is this early or late.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived