Who should we hate in the World Cup ?

OCgringo

The_Munchmaster said:
sayjann said: ....... and the Scots scuppered the chance of a joint bid for a Football Tournament by saying no.......they didn't want to get involved with the others........they are the outcasts.

Can you imagine anyone in Scotland, Wales or Ireland supporting the UK football team when it would probably consist of 11 Englishmen?

Ryan Giggs may just make the bench, anyway this post has adjusted my thoughts on who to hate in the world cup. I sincerely hope the USA get humiliated.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teddy said: ....... anyway this post has adjusted my thoughts on who to hate in the world cup. I sincerely hope the USA get humiliated.

Is that because they've only been playing football for a couple of years but already have a higher world ranking than England? :grinyes:

sayjann said:

you leave the Eyeties out of it......... :onfire:

my Family came from there in the distant past and i won't hear a bad word against them............ :nono:

they just edge ahead of France as my 2nd Team (my Maternal Grandad was French),but rest of the Grandparents and further back were Italian.

hence my surname................

I've had some Italian ancestors too and I've nothing against the people or country, just the way they play football.

Also, they could be hated simply for jammily knocking the rightful winners and one of the most beautiful teams ever, 1982 Brazil, out of the that year's World Cup. Ahhh... Socrates, Falcao, Junior, Zico and Eder .. ::

1982 Brazilain Team not a patch on the 1970 Team......... :shakehead

Pele,Carlos Alberto,Rivelino,Jairzinho and Tostao......... :chili:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970_FIFA_World_Cup

'The Brazilian team, led by Pelé (who was in his fourth and final World Cup), Jairzinho, Rivelino and Tostão, is often regarded as the greatest team ever'

and i have to agree.................

the Goal scored by Carlos Alberto is my all-time fave in the WC........... :worship:

How can people hate England in football? Seeing as we invented the game, it's like hating your own mother.

We made up a great game with decent set of rules and exported it freely wherever we went, meaning most of the world - Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, whatever - has at least one thing amongst all the troubles that they can share a love of. Say "Beckham", "Ronaldinho", "Rooney", wherever you are in the world* and you can get smiles and conversation going even with nothing else in common.

(*Except the US. This is probably why most of the rest of the world hates you. Forget the money, wars and politics - if you lot knew football, you'd get cut a lot more slack! :))

hear,hear Bibbs........... :applause:

i don't really hate any other Team.........but if they have any Liverpool,Arsenal or Chelsea Players then that's a different matter...........

and while i think of it,anyone playing for any Country West of England and that silly Continent called OZ.

oh,and anyone African (personal though,work with a silly bitch from Nigeria who i HATE).

oh and who are those silly Countries who cling to the UK?.......

you know the ones i mean,North and West of God's Country....:grinyes:

looks like Togo get my vote for cheering on..........anyone know where i can get a flag to fly outside my house?

OCgringo said:

But we do know Football , and its not a round ball,

Do you think the USA really cares that the rest of the world has it wrong :)

Perhaps not but it seems like a pretty cheap and painless way of gaining friends and understanding. Whether being tourists in Asia, peacekeeping against angry African gunmen or in Iraq, whether holding talks with bolshy South American presidents, I reckon you lot'd get a lot further if you could talk about footy.

You haven't even got American football because you copied that from Rugby! And baseball was from Rounders. Neither game is a successful export. The only game you really made up and is successful in other places is basketball. (That's because it's quick, flowing and exciting as opposed to

:sleeping: the other two.)

Can't go wrong with hating the French though! :up:

I hate Italy, because they aren't playing football, they are destroying football! I hate Totti because he is a retarded dumb nut with good skills. He spits into peoples faces (Euro04), he jumps full power on someones back on purpose (CL 05 vs Leverkusen) after the matches he pulls down his shirt to a miniskirt! KATOY

I hate England, because they always beat themselves. England has one of the best teams in the world, one of the very best midfield with Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Cole, Hargreaves, they play a fast ball and somehow they only got one championship in 66 and we all know they have been extremely lucky!

Germany is considered one of the favourites which I find hilarious, I know the team very well. They are young players this year and Klinsman lets them attack all the time but they don't have a defense! Funny thing about them is that they never had a good team but somehow they make it to the finals all the time!

I predict Holland as the new world champion, because they are playing the the most exciting football!

I'll never forget Czech-Holland at the euro 2004

i guess there has never been a more exciting game ever!

Archived