Who should we hate in the World Cup ?

OCgringo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ultras67 said:

I predict 1966 will be mentioned at least 12,789 times during the first game and 87,547 times in the first Ingerlund game.

and the score to date is

1966 has been mentioned 3,489 times and 19,089 times. And the prize for the most gratuitous connection is............

"the linesman tonight was born in 1966 which of course is the year we beat Germany"

And just to confirm it all. EVERY fucking World Cup game starts off on the ENGLAND Broadcasting Corportation, here we are for Angola v Portugal game( or whatever ) but first hers news from the england camp. GIVE US A FUCKING BREAK!!!!!!!!

And the way they have played, I dont honestly see them going anywhere against a decent team.

• 2 weeks later...

OK....well I finally figured who to hate,,,,

Ukraine !

OK.....my brothermarried one , I called here Verde, for Green card wife , once it came thru she was gone !

and once I was driving into Ukraine and thr changed my visa charge from $15 to $50 because I had an American passporet......

Ohhh and of course the French are always to be hated .....

OC

PS....glad its almost over......

OC, I do not think you could have avoided seeing the Oz-EyeTie match since the teevees in the bar were so prominately placed. Or were the girls and all of us drunken idiots -- that's be myself, Dumsoda, Boring Man, MooNoi and Numbers (I think he showed up) -- enough distraction?

Obviously the ones to hate this WC are the referees! Well, them and the wussy Italians LOL!

Cheers,

SD

bibblies said:

Another reason not to hate the English in the World Cup:

If it weren't for us, you wouldn't have many decent terrace songs.

Can't the Germans, for instance, invent any decent songs for themselves? :dunno:

I mean, how low do you have to go to take some other country's football anthem from 10 years ago and change most of the words except for the chorus "Football's coming home" (which doesn't even make any sense because Germany is NOT the home of football! ::)

That particular song was sung loudest against Germany in the Euro 96 semi-final, held at Wembley, in England. Now that was the home of football.

I've also heard "All Together Now" - which was England's song for Euro 2004. Have the Germans no shame?

Sorry I never heard it...just can remember this one "you have mad cow disease you have mad cow disease...."

and when it came to the penality shoot out I could even make a call back home as it was so quitet as all the English were already shitting in their pants instead of supporting their team... :: :LOL

I've actually changed my mind about this. It's so bad, it's funny. The poor old Germans just have no clue how to create decent songs or funny terrace chants themselves. They need to copy a few from a nation with an idea of humour and good pop songs.

It's a bit like all those "funny" people in pubs who would "perform" Monty Python sketches word for word the next day. Or like Dustin Hoffman's Rainman doing the "Who's on first?" routine. ::

Yes we do have plenty!

but you just don't understand them since we sing them in german!

if you'd understand it you would be pissed :)

1 und 2 und 3 und 54,74,90,2006 ja so stimmen wir alle ein,

mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Bein

werden wir Weltmeister sein!

Die ganze Welt greift nach dem goldenen Pokal

doch nur einer hält ihn fest -

so ist das nun einmal.

Die ganze Welt spielt sich um den Verstand.

Doch der Cup bleibt in unserem Land!

Beim 1.Mal war´s ein Wunder,

Beim 2.Mal war es Glück,

Beim 3.Mal der verdiente Lohn

und dieses Mal wirds ´ne Sensation

54,74,90,2006 ja so stimmen wir alle ein,