The Laotian Twins . . .

unit731

A few/many years ago.

I was traveling to Thailand with an old friend. He seems to always have more energy than I. Second night, I'm tired - jet lag and all. I state I am sleeping in. Too tired. He goes out.

About 2AM I get a telephone call from lobby. It is my friend and he asks if it is ok for him to come to my room - as he has some fantatic gals. Knock on door. He is alone but states that he has lined up a set/pair of twins from Laos. He met them at one of the bars in Nana Plaza. They are waiting.

I was tired, but the twins part peaked my interest. Imagine, identical twins.

I ask how much, I agree. He goes and gets the two of them. Knock again at door of hotel room. In walks my friend and two gals. I look at them. Well, they ain't identical twins. Language became a large barrier. So I pulled out my map of Thailand and somehow pointed - and asked where they were from. Well, it wasn't Laos as they pointed to some province north of Bangkok. In fact, they weren't even sisters.

The only thing they had in common was that they seemed to come from the same village/province in northern Thailand.

The gals spoke little English and we don't speak much Thai. So I asked my friend how he determined that the girls were twins and how he determined that they were from Laos. His answer: "They told me". That's it. Alcohol may have played a small part in his perception of reality.

Of course, the night was not lost. The gals were cute and friendly. In fact, quite a joy !

The Laotian Twins. One has to love the life and times of Thailand!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A few/many years ago.

I was traveling to Thailand with an old friend. He seems to always have more energy than I. Second night, I'm tired - jet lag and all. I state I am sleeping in. Too tired. He goes out.

About 2AM I get a telephone call from lobby. It is my friend and he asks if it is ok for him to come to my room - as he has some fantatic gals. Knock on door. He is alone but states that he has lined up a set/pair of twins from Laos. He met them at one of the bars in Nana Plaza. They are waiting.

I was tired, but the twins part peaked my interest. Imagine, identical twins.

I ask how much, I agree. He goes and gets the two of them. Knock again at door of hotel room. In walks my friend and two gals. I look at them. Well, they ain't identical twins. Language became a large barrier. So I pulled out my map of Thailand and somehow pointed - and asked where they were from. Well, it wasn't Laos as they pointed to some province north of Bangkok. In fact, they weren't even sisters.

The only thing they had in common was that they seemed to come from the same village/province in northern Thailand.

The gals spoke little English and we don't speak much Thai. So I asked my friend how he determined that the girls were twins and how he determined that they were from Laos. His answer: "They told me". That's it. Alcohol may have played a small part in his perception of reality.

Of course, the night was not lost. The gals were cute and friendly. In fact, quite a joy !

The Laotian Twins. One has to love the life and times of Thailand!

"They told me"....gee you have to love Thailand :cool:

Archived