US Troops Deserting

candyfloss

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO they sound like a bunch of cowards who belong in Canada. Good riddance...perhaps they can do community service by "GI'ing" the latrines at Guantanamo!

Hinzman is a double "volunteer," first he volunteered for the Army, then he volunteered to serve in the 82d Airborne Division. Who would think the "82d Airborne" would have to go to war??

Another coward who wanted the $$ and educational benefits but not the hazards.

Boo-Hoo

:elephant:

I agree, I understand better if some guys serving in the National Guards are deserting, but the right is to disobey an illegal order not to desert. The iraqi operation is decided by the president and accepted by the congress and the UN so it's not a reason to desert just because a soldier thinks he doesn't like the grounds for the war.

BB,

don't remember directly but even if the miltitary action was premature it was accepted by the security council in advance I think. Of course they couldn't do much as 2 permanent members acted, but the protests were very weak - more that the reasons for the operation were not correct than the operation itself. But it's history now the allies won the war but are now losing the peace.

:beer:

elef said:

BB,

don't remember directly but even if the miltitary action was premature it was accepted by the security council in advance I think. Of course they couldn't do much as 2 permanent members acted, but the protests were very weak - more that the reasons for the operation were not correct than the operation itself. But it's history now the allies won the war but are now losing the peace.

Has some twat been re-writing history again ::

The UN didn't accept going to war and how can you say the allies won the war because the war is not over yet and there never was a 'peace'.

chuck6660 said:

IMO they sound like a bunch of cowards who belong in Canada. Good riddance...perhaps they can do community service by "GI'ing" the latrines at Guantanamo!

Hinzman is a double "volunteer," first he volunteered for the Army, then he volunteered to serve in the 82d Airborne Division. Who would think the "82d Airborne" would have to go to war??

Another coward who wanted the $$ and educational benefits but not the hazards.

Boo-Hoo

:elephant:

You're not covered in tattoo's by any chance are you

teddy said:
elef said:

BB,

Has some twat been re-writing history again ::

The UN didn't accept going to war and how can you say the allies won the war because the war is not over yet and there never was a 'peace'.

Thanks for writing exactly my thoughts.

BB

chuck6660 said: Another coward who wanted the $$ and educational benefits but not the hazards.

Or maybe just a decent education considering how governments these days would rather spend the $$$$$$ on illegal invasions than educating their own country. Some guys who sign up prove to be much smarter than your average soldier.

What I remember the security council accepted that a military action was a possible if Iraq not cooperated. In any case the UN accepted the fait accompli and decided around the administration of occupied Iraq.

Won the war - so says GWB and Pentagon - as the regular army is defeated and you dominate the whole country IMI the war is over - if you don't accept that you don't accept either that WWII is over.

Archived