US Troops Deserting

candyfloss

texascity said:

ALL global regions of 'terror' were colonies in the past 75 years.

Palestine, Iraq, Afg, Pakis, Kashmire, .. + Burma ..

are soccer hollogans really the direct decendants of Colonialists?

That's imperialism for you. Colonial powers drawing maps of the world the way they think they should be. The wogs are supposed to suck it up.

But it's hard to imagine history happening any other way. There's a certain kind of Brit, for instance, that just can't stay home and I'm one. If I'd been born 100 years ago I would likely have been planting tea in Ceylon or rubber in Malaya. Expansion just seems to be a natural human impulse. Without the Roman, Mongol, British and now the American empires the world would be completely different. I doubt if it would be more peaceful but it might be less apocalytic.

Globalization and tourism are the direct descendants of colonialism I think.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
texascity said:

traditional Meso-Potamia was not maped as today. The 3 traditional states were combined by the pompus Brits into one nation.

the waring factions of today were separate states until .. umm, 1917. ?

& Kuwait is the southern state of Iraq. F' the Brits!

ALL global regions of 'terror' were colonies in the past 75 years.

Palestine, Iraq, Afg, Pakis, Kashmire, .. + Burma ..

are soccer hollogans really the direct decendants of Colonialists?

globalization is the 21st century progression of colonialism.

texascity,

1) You ever heard of the Ottoman Empire? What "separate states" are you referring to?

2) Down with pompous people! F. them, too!

3) "ALL global regions of 'terror' were colonies in the past 75 years. Palestine, Iraq, Afg, Pakis, Kashmire, .. + Burma .. " - What does this mean? So it follows that ALL former colonies are... what? BTW, I like those exquisite sneer quotes you put around the word "terror".

4) "Palestine" - I love this word. Do they speak Palestinian there? How many thousands of years does the history of Palestinian Civilization go back? Just wondering.

5) Soccer hooligans are modern colonists? No, they are not. What in the world gave you that idea?

6) Globalization = Colonization. And Colonization is self-evidently Evil? I think things are a little more complicated than that... True, we're just blowing air out of our assholes here...

Bif

texascity said:

>Mai Lai was the rule not the exception?<

if one thinks the US "FIGHTING" grunts of the Vietnam era did not treat the Viet people as a sadist treats a cat .. you are wrong.

guys in supply have not a clue.

My best buddy in high school, Danny, was AmerCal Div. (as were Swartzcoft & Powell) ..

Danny's 100% PTS. 35 years later he wears camo daily, drives an incredablly loud '68 Chevy window van w/ a 4 barrel quadrajeted 327 & now associates exclusively with former Vietnam vets

Danny's Vet Organization friend in east Texas was Calli's (Mai Lai) radio operator

inorder to receive his 'PTS beni-es' Danny had to report atrocitiess & have 5 members of his unit confirm each.

> official VA PTS disabliity paper work requires these details.

I read the letters & reports.

I went to a unit reunion in Arkansas

story after story, with guys chiming in .. HORRIBLE .. drunk laughing .. stories of mutalation & murder .. for fun.

at the reunion, one frustrated drunk warrior heaved his below the knee wooden leg into the night air ..

the former CO medic who stabbbed an injured VC over & over & over to shut him up .. harder to kill a guy than is portrayed on TV . the guys death noises was giving away thier position

the medic could not quickly kill the VC with stabs to the gut & could not easily penetrate the VC's rib cage. the gurgling sounds of the stabbed Viet laughingly imitated by several former warriors ..

hilarious!

throw the robed monk in the village water supply well, followed by incendary gernades ..

playing hit the farmer by calling in Artie .." 2 clicks west ."

contest, who could hit a moving target with the fewest corrections .. just killing time ..

story after story after story ..

with the other participants present & providing addtional details ..

war is hell

& non of the neocons had that privilege.

nor did I.

I was a medic inducted in Sept. '68. I ate hospital chow & slept in a bed .. thank goodness I tested well.

As a medic, 90250, I have held the hand of young warriors dealing with their physical & mental scars.

War is hell & only those who have not experienced it advocate it.

texascity,

I've taken the liberty of forwarding your letter to the NY Times. Your Pulitzer Prize is in the mail. That sound you hear is of thousand of professional journalists cussing out loud: "Why didn't WE go to that party!"

Don't know much about history, but I think there have been one or two experienced warriors in history who have advocated the necessity of a war.

Nice respect you have for your fellow soldiers, btw. Or maybe you have a problem with "FIGHTING" (your curious sneer quotes) soldiers?

Bif

CW:

>>That's imperialism for you. Colonial powers drawing maps of the world the way they think they should be. The wogs are supposed to suck it up. <<

They could put the map back if they want (as long as oil supply not dirupted ;) ). Problem is that they are too busy arguing with one another to do much of anything. As to the ME, tribes have been fighting one another long before the imperialists arrived. Not saying US and Brits are the good guys. But the muslim ideologues who see westerners as the reason for their poverty may be missing what is happening at home.

<<one side taken more care to avoid civilian casualties that the U.S. has in Iraq? >>

Germany into the Channel Islands?

Actually they did kill people during the bombing before the invasion. and of course they did deport a lot of folk who did not come back. Although not in the numbers that occurred elsewhere.

The German people, including virtually all military veterans, had tired of bloodshed and decided to get on with their lives, making the best of a less-than-ideal situation.

Whilst I am sure that this is true, I would think that the deciding factor for following this path was that were only too aware that the Allies were the only thing standing between them and a lot of really pissed off Soviets.............

Archived