US Troops Deserting

candyfloss

Flashermac said:

This it was amazes me ... people taking photos of illegal acts they committed! It tells you that they have either completely lost the plot or are so stupid they never should have been allowed to get their hands on a weapon in the first place.

Some would say they shouldn't get their hands on digital cameras. Actually they seem like pretty decent guys.

http://tinyurl.com/qawms

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuckwoww said:

Not quite. I agree they should face the consequences and not run to Canada or anywhere else. But the point remains...it wasn't until they got to Iraq that they realized what they were supposed to do. Some soldiers obviously have no problem killing women & kids in cold blood but some of them do.

Wow Chuck!

I don't know about you, but I didn't see women and children being killed in cold blood.

I am not naive enough to think it could not happen...but it is outrageous to state that most soldiers "have no problem killing women and children in cold blood." What do you base this opinion on?

If the accusations of killings in Haditha are true...that is murder and the Marines who allegdedly did the killing are murderers and should be treated as such!

teddy said:
chuck6660 said:
If you try to kill me or my men...then I am going to take you out

Where the fcuk did I say I was going to kill you ::

Sorry Teddy, nothing personal.

I was trying to make the point: if someone shoots at me...I am going to shoot back! Hopefully you shoot the other guy first ::

chuck6660 said:
teddy said:
chuck6660 said:
If you try to kill me or my men...then I am going to take you out

Where the fcuk did I say I was going to kill you ::

Sorry Teddy, nothing personal.

I was trying to make the point: if someone shoots at me...I am going to shoot back! Hopefully you shoot the other guy first ::

If you break into someones house and kill the wife, it's not selfdefense to shoot the husband when he comes after you with a gun.

US had nothing to do in Iraq. Iraq was a sovereign nation.

Flashermac said:

<< Just like more soldiers should have told Hitler to sodd of when he wanted to defend Germany against Poland by attacking Poland before they could do anyting they did not intent to do, more people should tell Bush to sodd off >>

The Nuremberg decisions were simply unrealistic. What would have happened to a German who disobeyed Hitler's orders? What actually DID happen to those who disobeyed? Or those who told Stalin to stuff it ... or Mussolini ... or Tojo? There comes a time when it is a choice between doing something you know is wrong or getting killed yourself. What to do? Even American Private Eddie Slovick got shot by Eisenhower in 1944 because he said he had had enough and refused to return to his rifle platoon. (Ike caught so much flak over it that no other American has been shot since for refusing to obey his orders.)

"Hinzman, who served as a cook in Afghanistan, was due to join a fighting unit in Iraq after being refused status as a conscientious objector."

That tells you right there the guy is chicken shit. Volunteer for the Army. Volunteer to go airborne. Then you become a pacifist when you get orders to go where the shooting is? Gimme a break.

I'm reminded of a guy I went through AIT (advanced individual training) with in 1968. The guy had volunteered for the Army and chosen combat arms. When it got near the end of AIT and we knew our orders would be coming for Vietnam, he suddenly had a change of heart. He told the CO that he'd become a conscientious objector. Nobody believed it. Hell, the guy had qualified as expert on the rifle range. Since the dork refused to carry a rifle, our field first sergeant made him carry a broom. He'd be out their marching with his broom or running at "port broom" with us.

I said it before and I'll repeat it. If you've got a pair, you stand up, state your refusal to go and accept the consequences. You don't run away to Canada or any other country. I hope this time the feds do NOT grant any amnesty.

Tough shit, fella. Stay in Canada. It's a great country. Hope he likes it there.

No one said doing the right thing is easy, that's why some of those who desert are _ not _ cowards. That's why _ some _ of those going to war are.

In Israel some soldiers choose to fight against those who attack Israel, but refuse to partake in attacks on Palestine. Not afraid to fight, not afraid to refuse immoral actions. Balls of steel all the way.

AF16 said:

If you break into someones house and kill the wife, it's not selfdefense to shoot the husband when he comes after you with a gun.

The sad thing is, in America, if you are rich enough and hired the right lawyer, you could probably get off on a self defence charge. Just ask OJ.

chuck6660 said:

Wow Chuck!

I don't know about you, but I didn't see women and children being killed in cold blood.

I am not naive enough to think it could not happen...but it is outrageous to state that most soldiers "have no problem killing women and children in cold blood." What do you base this opinion on?

Take for instance a bomber pilot on a mission to Baghdad. He knows full well that in all probability his bomb will not only obliterate the target but also finish off a lot of innocent people, be they men, women, children or babies. They still have no problem pressing the 'fire' button and then afterwards parade around like hero's. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, let alone sleep at nights particularly when the war is illegal, immoral and unnecessary. They just shrug it off as collateral damage.

Archived