sekander

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't like about YANHEE:

The biggest objection is the location.

No skytrain or subway anywhere nearby.

No river ferry either.

My TG tells me there is a bus, from Victory, but no thanks to that.

Easiest I've found is take subway to Bangsue (end of the line), and then taxi from there across the river.

My second objection is the approach of "up-selling" at YANHEE.

You want one thing, but the doctor recommends something more expensive, which you may or may not need.

This is everywhere in Thailand, not just YANHEE, but I will give a couple of examples so others can learn from my experiences:

Example:

Teeth cleaning at the dental clinic.

Dentist rushed thru -- the shortest, fastest, cleaning I've ever had in my life.

Not thorough at all.

Then X-rays.

After that dentist slowed down and had all the time in the world to explain to me he could put caps on my front teeth to make them look whiter.

I politely, but firmly, declined.

Then he explained that three different fillings were leaking and must be replaced.

But I knew that one of those fillings had just been done about one year ago.

I declined that, too.

Went back to my regular dentist, and was shown that only two fillings needed repair.

In my opinion, the YANHEE dentist's mission was to speed thru the cleaning in order to promote extra dental work.

Another time at YANHEE I noticed they have a weight-loss clinic.

Well, I would be happy to lose 10 kilo, so I went in.

Waited a few minutes until an English-speaking doctor was available.

His approach was to lecture about eating less -- as if I were a child.

Not a language problem, an attitude problem.

Then he said, "You take some pills and come back in one month."

He didn't explain anything, just stood up to indicate the appointment was finished.

The nurse let me to the cashier window to pay, and there I was handed a bag of pills.

Zero explanation about what or why or how.

I was not impressed.

I paid, but when I got home I threw the pills in the trash: Amphetamines.

They were just selling pills.

However, the simple, routine tests I need have always gone well at YANHEE.

I can walk in without any appointment, and the work is done carefully and efficiently.

Never any problems with that.

Can only speak for myself, but I didn't experience any "up-sell" or pressure for other services. In fact, the doctor quite readily offered a lower cost alternative to what I originally wanted. Saved me some money and also avoided an overnight stay.

I did have a similar experience in not getting much explanation of what was going on, especailly afterwards. I remember waking up from the procedure in a haze, and before I even realized where I was and what was going on I was in a wheelchair being carted out to a taxi. No words from any of the doctors or nurses....nobody. That part of the whole deal really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm happy with the results, but if I had to do it all again I'd probably choose a different hospital.

Getting the bum's rush isn't what I had in mind here. Would the treatment be better at Bumrungrad? I would expect to pay more but maybe its worth it in some cases.

I'm looking to have some spider web veins lasered from my legs. Not sure how much care I need for that.

Getting the bum's rush isn't what I had in mind here. Would the treatment be better at Bumrungrad? I would expect to pay more but maybe its worth it in some cases.

I'm looking to have some spider web veins lasered from my legs. Not sure how much care I need for that.

You needn't get the bum's rush. Just tell the doctor you want to spend one night, at least, in the hospital. I don't know about Yanhee but Samitivet has a relatively cheap overnight rate, with attentive nursing and food. ($100.) more or less. Well worth it.

Bumrungrad sucks. Except for the ER and Dentist clinic.

Archived