Who will win the WC 2006?

limbo

Los II, lol ::

I saw the 2nd goal in a 3d simulation (the freeze the picture and can move to any spot on the field)

It was clearly offside but the linesman couldn't see it from his position. I rather see more goals then hearing the whistle!

What bothered me about this game was that Costa Rica played the ball at least 10 times with the hand and nothing happenend

and what bothered me even more is that they weren't trying shit!

I never had the feeling germany would loose this game because the Ticos don't wanted to attack at all, not even when the result was 3:2 and only 10 minutes play. Underdogs usually have my sympathy, not teams that rather destroy football than play football!

Regards to italy :whatever:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England - Paraquay 1:0

like I said in another thread

England only can beat themselves! What the hell they do in the training units? Playing the ball high on an average player like Crouch? Is that all?

Lucky own goal in minute 3 + 10 minutes football, after that they were defending the result. Paraquay is not exactly one of the top teams in the world. Only Kick & Rush is not enough, every team will read their play within 20 minutes.

Embarassing performance for a team that wants to win the title, look at their midfield... this is the best midfield line in the world, look what they did! I hope they'll do better in the next matches.

Boring game! Referee was the shit!

Yep, right CT,

On the other hand, teams can grow into tournament.

However, what does Sven care, 5 Mill GBP's a year, he can take Crouch (a player who can barely stand on his own legs), Owen (a player who hasn't played for almost 3/4 of a season) and Walcott (a player who hasn't had PL expierence) AND Rooney (a player who probably won't be fit untill the 2nd half last group stage) into their team and give all of England a big middle finger.

Wonder who he's gonna be coaching next year, bet it'll be a PL team.

ChristianTroy said:

Lucky own goal in minute 3 + 10 minutes football, after that they were defending the result.

Bollocks. That's not quite right. After the goal, they continued to piss on Paraguay for the rest of the half. Paraguay didn't even have a shot or a corner until about the 45th minute. England were all over them.

It was after they came out for the second half that we went all pathetic, defending deep and letting them play. I'd like to hope it's because we were just being cautious/taking it easy for the first game. Even then, Paraguay didn't really threaten. I must admit though - I don't know why England play this way after taking the lead. ::

I guess they were trying to be cautious, Lampard said it was unusual hot, it was 10 degrees the last 2 weeks and the weather has changed all of a sudden yesterday. Still, if you are going in a tournament like that you gotta be prepared, no matter what!

I saw them the first 10 minutes good, then i saw them controlling and after that i saw them defending the result!

The problem is Crouch, he might shoot 3 goals vs a 3rd class team but now we have the world cup, I find it impossible to make him a key player in the system. Hear me saying, Kick and Rush won't be enough this year, luckily they have the best midfield and should be able to establish some decent wing play! I am not worried, like Limbo said, a team can improve during a tournament! They will, they have to, because tomorrow they'll get slaughtered by the press!

I think it's completely down to attitude.

v Brazil 2002, they looked good and scored early. After scoring, they went into a shell.

v France 2004, they looked good and scored early. After scoring, they went into a shell.

v Portugal 2004, they looked good and scored early. After scoring, they went into a shell. As soon as Portugal went ahead though, they came right out of it and scored within a few minutes.

It's all about attitude. They could play better but wanted to keep what they had and that promoted kick and rush because they only left Crouch up, without support. It infuriates us Englishmen...

In the first half, we were pressing them in their own final third and they couldn't cope - losing the ball and giving us chances. Just keep that up lads. :banghead:

Archived