The Abba Story

The_Munchmaster

Apologies in advance, but this silly story contains the titles of more than 80 different Abba songs (I had to do something to stop myself falling asleep in an extremely boring meeting).

Ya know, I was just starting to have a kinda respect for you sir. But just the fact that you even know or bothered to look up 80 ABBA songs cast everything in a whole new light.

But I tell ya what --> it's been an extremely brutal week for me working doubleshifts with little sleep and lots of petty scraps with annoying bastards (of which I proudly count myself as one). And tonight, I don't know what happened, but it's peaceful and everything is running smooth and I'm around people I like.

And oh, it's so fucking boring.

So, here's one.

Led Zeppelin. A Dave32 bootleg.

-----

In the evening, sometimes, I like to peel a tangerine from the orchard as I gaze out on the ocean. But last night, after a few too many Jamesons, I stumbled dazed and confused into the path of a feral black dog.

And I could've swore I heard the dog ask me -- hey hey, where do ya think yer going mate? Why, I'm going to California I replied, to see my friends down by the seaside. And the bastard most rudely cut me off; I didn't ask you to ramble on like a fool in the rain mate, it was a simple question. Thank you, I replied. And interpreting my genuine courtesy as an affront, the rover reared up on his hind legs and proclaimed: prepare to be trampled under foot (but even more frightening to me was the moby dick on this mutt).

So I prepared to face my adversary, like achilles last stand, when the mutt broke out a smile and a bottle of Johnny Walker Black and said, mate -- what we have here is a communication breakdown.

And I could see the years weighing down on the poor canine as he poured our drinks and related his story, from the dancing days of his misspent youth, to the time he narily escaped the gallows pole. Good times, bad times.

And as we gazed into the light of the ugly moon, I empathized with the poor creature. That's the way isn't it, the song remains the same, What is and what should never be.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, I was just starting to have a kinda respect for you sir. But just the fact that you even know or bothered to look up 80 ABBA songs cast everything in a whole new light.

It was 5 years ago, believe me I've had the therapy, I've changed. :liar:

Led Zeppelin. A Dave32 bootleg.

In the evening, sometimes, I like to peel a tangerine from the orchard as I gaze out on the ocean. But last night, after a few too many Jamesons, I stumbled dazed and confused into the path of a feral black dog.

And I could've swore I heard the dog ask me -- hey hey, where do ya think yer going mate? Why, I'm going to California I replied, to see my friends down by the seaside. And the bastard most rudely cut me off; I didn't ask you to ramble on like a fool in the rain mate, it was a simple question. Thank you, I replied. And interpreting my genuine courtesy as an affront, the rover reared up on his hind legs and proclaimed: prepare to be trampled under foot (but even more frightening to me was the moby dick on this mutt).

So I prepared to face my adversary, like achilles last stand, when the mutt broke out a smile and a bottle of Johnny Walker Black and said, mate -- what we have here is a communication breakdown.

And I could see the years weighing down on the poor canine as he poured our drinks and related his story, from the dancing days of his misspent youth, to the time he narily escaped the gallows pole. Good times, bad times.

And as we gazed into the light of the ugly moon, I empathized with the poor creature. That's the way isn't it, the song remains the same, What is and what should never be.

With the exception of some of frede's, ahem, work, this must surely rate as one of the worst threads ever. Many here had to survive the 70s - when disco finally looked like dying in this country, it was replaced by Abba and the Bay City Rollers. A decade best forgotten.

this must surely rate as one of the worst threads ever. Many here had to survive the 70s - when disco finally looked like dying in this country, it was replaced by Abba and the Bay City Rollers. A decade best forgotten.

Why kind sir, you just took this from being an exercise in random foolishness, to an honor and a privilege to have been part of. Like being an extra in an Ed Wood film. :) Always thought the 80s got a bad rap. People over-glamorize the 70s but view the 80s as a period of materialism and bubble gum pop. But there was some innovative music in the 80s permeating pop culture (Talking Heads, Violent Femmes, Eurythmics, Dead Kennedys, etc.).

A passing score, but there's room for improvement. :tophat:

---------

And as we gazed into the light of the ugly moon, I empathized with the poor creature. That's the way isn't it, the song remains the same (how did that one get missed?), What is and what should never be

Archived