looks like the US grunts are losing it.

texascity

Nice theory! i like to read all ideas about the actual motive behind the invasion. One problem with the theory is that they never would have been able to convince bush to invade on that basis. Bush would never had understood it! Maybe cheney told bush "saddam called your dad a panzy." So bush gave the green light.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MaiLuk

Impressed if you did read the whole post as it a lengthy one. I think based on the fundamental priciples the author has used makes good sence IMO. Unfortunately none of us will probably ever know the full truth.

Personally, I think the article is a load of crap.

Boil the article down and in essence it says that the US went to war to ensure that the defacto currency standard in oil trading is the US$.

Why? Because if oil was traded in another currency then the US$ would lose it's cache and the world would be less prepared to finance US's historic deficit spending.

What a load of crap.

And saying the actual cost of the war is negligible because we're just using up stockpiles and that the cost will come after in replenishing inventory...

What a load of crap.

The introduction of the Euro had a bigger impact on the US$ being the world currency than stupid oil trading. I just wish those damn countries can ratify the stupid constitution.

So what will the US do when the EU actually does gets off its ass and ratify the EU constitution? Invade?

Hah!

As for the cost of war being negligible... I'm not surprised people are lapping this stuff up, but it makes absolutely NO sense if ya think about it. Just the logistics costs alone are staggering!!! Why else has Bush continually asked congress for huge amounts of funding (besides giving huge profits to Halliburton) and the government starting re-issuing the long bond?

Cause Bush is spending the US into a huge economic hole!!!

America is sadly getting what it has elected and has no one to blame but itself. Extremely sad.

<<burp>>

I think it's commonly accepted that the US is being held aflote by the ME and Asia especially (china) who help the dollar because it's in their own interests.

Lately there have been specualation about some contries saying enough is enough, or at least diversifying their interests and that it could be a major problem for the US and the $.

Then the US can not just print new money and hope that others save their ass.

I think the article nails it on a few points. Just imagine the ramifications if countries did start dealing in Euros. All commodities would cease to be recognized in the $US. It would have an immediate effect on world currency markets and open up trade opportunities for many countries the US has had locked out for many years. The value of subsidies to US industry would be devalued taking away their existing advantage on the global markets.

"...America is sadly getting what it has elected and has no one to blame but itself. Extremely sad..."

I hope the world will remember, we DID NOT elect this bastard. He did what he did, or had done for him, and no one really fought enough to reverse it, be they in the USA or abroad, and that is "...extreamely sad..."

Old Hippie said: I hope the world will remember, we DID NOT elect this bastard.

Only for the first term OH. This is why like here in Australia the PEOPLE should be held resposible as well for re-electing Bush, Blair and Howard.

Archived