looks like the US grunts are losing it.

texascity

Old Hippie said:

"...America is sadly getting what it has elected and has no one to blame but itself. Extremely sad..."

I hope the world will remember, we DID NOT elect this bastard. He did what he did, or had done for him, and no one really fought enough to reverse it, be they in the USA or abroad, and that is "...extreamely sad..."

Bush did not steal the election. The outcome of the legal battle was exceptionally strange however.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

"...America is sadly getting what it has elected and has no one to blame but itself. Extremely sad..."

I hope the world will remember, we DID NOT elect this bastard. He did what he did, or had done for him, and no one really fought enough to reverse it, be they in the USA or abroad, and that is "...extreamely sad..."

OH

Maybe YOU didn't vote for Bush...but I did!!

:elephant:

Wonder how many headlines this story made? ZERO!

Iraqis dish out death by faith

Baghdad, Iraq - Faith evidently made the difference between life and death Sunday morning for the people aboard three minibuses traveling from the village of Qara Taba to Baqubah, a violent city north of Iraq's capital.

The gunmen who stopped the buses and forced the passengers outside acted on a simple dictum, an Iraqi army officer said: If a man was a Sunni Muslim, he lived; if he was anything else, he died.

At least 19 people, 12 of them high school and college students traveling to Baqubah to take end-of-term exams, were killed, Col. Abdullah Ihsooni Abdullah said. Most of them were Shiite members of the Kurdish ethnic minority, a member of the Diyala provincial council said.

Four Sunnis were spared, officials said, in a sectarian massacre more brazen though no less brutal than other religious killings that take place nearly every day in Iraq.

Violence linked to Shiite and Sunni Arab animosity has grown increasingly worse since Feb. 22, when bombs ravaged the golden dome of a revered Shiite mosque in predominantly Sunni Arab Samarra.

Sectarian tensions have run particularly high in Baghdad, Basra and Diyala province, a mixed Sunni Arab-Shiite region. And Sunday's attacks came just days after terrorist mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi renewed his call for Sunni Arabs to take up arms against Shiites, whom he often vilifies as infidels.

In the minivan ambush, electrician Haqi Ismail, 48, said he had been driving his pickup behind the vans and also was stopped. About 15 masked men forced everyone out of the vehicles, he said.

"They asked us to show our IDs and then instructed us to stand in a line, separating the Sunni from the Shiite due to the IDs and also due to the faces," said Ismail, a Shiite Kurd.

He said the gunmen ordered the Shiites to lie down, and before they opened fire one shouted, "On behalf of Islam, today we will dig a mass grave for you. You are traitors."

Ismail said he was injured but did not move.

"One of the gunmen kicked me to be sure that I was dead," he said, speaking from his hospital bed in Sulaymaniyah, north of Qara Taba.

as a recruiter you certainly have better insight than I.

the disillusioned lads wanting to kill for Falwell & god have their own issues.

the 'press reports' indicate they are accepting sorts that would have not been considered 5 years ago.

not considered for a variety of reasons not just literacy

+ there are aspects of cognition unrelated to addition & grammar.

morality, problem solving .. or, even problem delineation. ..

+ I think higher testing sorts see through the fundi-neocon agenda of Falwell-ian theft & murder.

while the guy on the pump is a dummy, the Sgt. managing the petro dump is to smart to be a grunt.

the least valuable to the unit is the one sent out front with a bullseye on her kevlar ..

like the walmart employee reservist

please excuse my choice of wrong 'forum'

unintentional, but certainly the mistake of one qualified only to pack a musket..

& why I was qualified to serve only through the draft.

but worth every cent of my $53. ( 1000 Tbt in '70s) bi-weekly pay.

I have experienced the pay of an expat "English teacher' and am here to report an incredable amount of fun can be had in right local on very few dinars.

the largest 'Embassy' in the world is going up in B'dad

a permanente military base with a 2 sq mile heli-pad is in-place.

this about long term military control of the world's primary energy resources.

the entire region of western asia encircled by US military.

Afg -kzkstan - Krdstn-Turkey & the rest Meso-potamia ..

note to world: it's all the US's .. god gave it to US.

it's the stated neocon policy.

>>punish the arabs for 911<<

to the dopey US citizens it was to punish the rag heads.

I have a neighbor who continues to spout 'kill 'um all'

& whom votes 100% on abortion / gay marriage issue . no other issue garners his vote.

another jesus freek that advocates mass murder for his V-8 sport trax

the traditional fundi sorta guy

bust1 said:

I think the article nails it on a few points. Just imagine the ramifications if countries did start dealing in Euros. All commodities would cease to be recognized in the $US. It would have an immediate effect on world currency markets and open up trade opportunities for many countries the US has had locked out for many years. The value of subsidies to US industry would be devalued taking away their existing advantage on the global markets.

Okay, we have ALREADY seen governments and institutions diversify away from the $. That's what the EURO was all about. The Euro gained appreciably in acceptance and value against the $. That initiative has stalled greatly because, as I noted before, the failure to ratify the constitution. Though even though the EU can't get off it's ass, I expect the Euro to appreciate further given the way Bush is wrecking the US economy.

Having part of the Oil market trading in Euros doesn't really do much.

The WHOLE market can't switch over to Euro because the US is an economic juggernaught.

It's an intelligent sounding article which is a lot of hot air.

<<burp>>

Old Hippie said:I hope the world will remember, we DID NOT elect this bastard.

Point well made.

As for another's comment that Bush didn't "steal" the election...

It's extremely likely he stole the election.

Studies from both sides of the aisle demonstrate that the exit polling from this election was dramatically and signficantly different than ALL the other elections in history. Everything pointed away from Bush yet the tallies ended up in his corner.

How this election differed from all the other elections is just AMAZING. If I didn't know better, I'd say AMAZING Thailand. Sadly, it's the US and one of the harbingers that it's probably on the downside :(

<<burp>>

Archived