carlton68

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have searched the internet and I cannot find out what winboard is (except for a chess board grahpical interface.) I went to winboard.org and it's all in German so I still don't know what it is?

From your conversation it seems to be a way to update XP without going thru MS, and like a lot of other people I would like to never go thru MS.

I'm sure there is more to it. Please explain this a little.

Thanks,

GG

• 1 month later...

New Patchday, new files.

WinBoard Update Pack XP SP2 2.24 - English

Update WinXP SP2 UP 2.23 to 2.24 English

When you click on 'download' you get offered wo links. One of them is a torrent link and those who have torrent running are kindly asked to use that link. I did (downloading the german update files) and it was almost as fast as downloading it from their servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the cumulative tape via bit torrent, thought that went a lot faster here in LOS. Question, I tried applying the tape and after applying some patches and skipping others that were already installed, it got stuck on one of them and could get no further. Is there any way to skip troublesome patches (i.e., those at are not installing,) or any way of editing the executable to exclude those patches which are not working?

Archived