U.S. Customs searches...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cagedsoidog said:

Did I mention the fake R*lex (s)?

Actually...if you bring in a fake Rolex...there should be NO problems with US Customs. Per Customs regulations, you can bring in one copy (each) of any faked goods, like clothing, etc., without worry of them being seized. Naturally, illegal goods, like pirate software copies and movie VCD's, is potentially another matter.

Though Los Angeles was my home, and I haven't been back in three years, I never was stopped for questioning by Customs, nor asked to ever start up my computer during the many previous times I was departing back to Thailand. But, maybe that I always wore slacks and a dress shirt might have had something to do with it??

Bangkoktraveler said:I think the problem is that many believe an illusion as to what their rights are........ and that it is what your rights are, just a plain simple illusion.

Wrong. As a US citizen you have rights. Our government is eroding them. Giving in to them doesn't help.

Too many people died for these "illusionary" rights to say they are nothing.

<<burp>>

Old Hippie said

[color:"red"]"As I said, they have never found anything, never will...so run my name in the computer, then they can fuck off and bother others... "[color:"black"]

but Old Hippie, do you still fly with your bags unlocked or do you use the TSA approved locks that anybody can open?

I talked yesterday to of all people, a United Airlines employee who claimed that since 9/11/01, he has never been checked at the airport even though he has been on over 1000 diiferent flights.

A lot depends ...no, I don't lock my bags, as when I have, they cut the locks and searched the bags...flight crews etc are usually never searched...also, a lot depends on where he had traveled...S.E.A. sends up a big signal...which is bullshit, but non the less, they keep it up...as I said, they have never gotton anything, and as I don't have anything, they never will...so o.k. they pull me out of line, make the asumed accusations...and search/ detain me...you would think, they'd look in the computer, and see that I have always been clean, and let me go right away, and go bother others...but no...safer to harrass someone they know isn't a problem...the fucking pussies.;..

Old Hippie said:

...you would think, they'd look in the computer, and see that I have always been clean, and let me go right away, and go bother others...but no...safer to harrass someone they know isn't a problem...the fucking pussies.;..

I'd rather doubt that they enter the results of searches that do not find anything--hence your name may still remain on a some watch list.

Old Hippie said:

No, he definitely had a rewcord and notes on me and my travels, dates etc...he also ran the names of people I was carring letters for, and read the letters...

Interesting. I'd try the Freedom Of Information Act and try to see what all the fuss is about.

Archived