Bangkok Dangerous remake

chuckwoww

"Looks like Nic Cage is finally realising some of his dream projects. Now that he?s finally gotten to play a superhero in Ghost Rider, he?s moving on to an Asian remake.

He?d been rumoured for a while to be up for starring in the Oldboy remake, but now he?s officially attached to a retake of 1999?s Thai thriller Bangkok Dangerous. The original film?s directors ? Oxide Pang Chun and brother Danny Pang ? will step back behind the camera."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=18929

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangkok Dangerous is a great movie. Very dark and artistic, Cage and his people certainly will make it commercial, in comparison Even with the original directors.

But the Thai's, who own the rights, will make money and be able to finance new Thai movies. The American producers will bring a lot of money to LOS's movie people business, if they shoot on location.

Cage was good in Rumblefish.

Rent a copy of Bangkok Dangerous, if you can. Thai movies are very good.

Rent a copy of Bangkok Dangerous, if you can. Thai movies are very good.

Agree with the first part, the second part leaves me puzzled. Holy shit, I have seen a lot of thai movies, and most are utter crap!

The only thai movies I thought were good are Monrak Transistor, Bangkok Dangerous and a movie about a few youngsters setting up football bets on the side while working for a gambling syndicate. I believe the name was Goal Club. OK movies for me are Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong (both have a crappy script and awesome action), Bang Rajan, Daeng Birely, a Beautiful Boxer and Nang Nak (the only passable thai ghost movie, a genre I utterly dislike).

So, what treasures did I miss? Any good thai movie is welcome!

Hi,

"Holy shit, I have seen a lot of thai movies, and most are utter crap! "

Yep, definitely with Soongmak on this.

There are very few Thai movies which I thought were anything but utter crap.

Ong bak I thought was crap, never bothered watching Tom Yam Kung. Bang rajan and Suriothai I thought were decent, Ngan Nak was okay as well.

Also saw, 'The trek' (almost walked out on this one), Jan dara, Kon Phii Maa (kinda funny at times), Krathong Thong (I think that was the title, something about a crocodile, left the room after about 15 min), Mae Bia and bits and pieces of some other movies my wife bought on DVD.

With a few exceptions, almost all of them were not that good at best, total crap at worst.

Sanuk!

I started liking Thai movies the first time I saw Ann Thomason in a high school uniform. She's the most beautiful actress in the world. More beautiful than Julia Roberts or any of them. And they didn't do all the cosmetic surgery, when she started, in Thai movies, about 18 years ago. She's a natural luk kung beauty.

There was a very scary Thai movie, last year, about a haunted amusement park. There's some real mad ghosts there and they kill everyone who buys an admission ticket, until the place is all burned down. The dwarf, with down syndrome, who's a comedian on the sanuk sanuk TV shows, is a main charector. as a maniac ghost. I'd like to see it again if I get a VCD of it.

The big budget Thai movie about the Thai Heroine was pretty good. The elephant soldiers were unique. I've seen some good and some bad Thai movies. Some are stupid and I have left half way thru it.

Once in a while, I can get into one of the TV series, if it's got good actors and beautiful girls or something cool going on. Especially, if there's ghosts in it. Good way to learn a Thai phrase, too. You can buy any Thai TV show in NY, so your wife can keep up with the soaps. Mine usually rented 20 hours a week.

Archived