Bangkok Dangerous remake

chuckwoww

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The American producers will bring a lot of money to LOS's movie people business, if they shoot on location.

They better shoot on location for chrissake. Why would anyone not shoot on location. If I had a guy who was good with a camera then even i could make an interesting movie in BKK.

Think I'll remake blade runner in BKK.

After that it will be Taxi Driver. Can use deniro again he still is good.

I'll make millions.

Basically, any movie that requires a dark, waste land sort of mood should be shot in BKK.

"Meu Peuan Lok Pajan"

Anybody remember that movie? It was a hit when it came out and got me lots of laughter, plus some tougher side to it. Would like to watch it again. "Killer tatoo" might be the english name

I saw it when it came out and I thought it absolutely positively sucked. I just didn't get the humor. I remember walking in to Thermae one night though, where I ended up discussing this movie with some english guy. He had put in some serious thinking about Killer Tattoo and he had a lot of bright arguments as to why it was a genuine masterpiece. He seriously rated it as on of the best movies he had ever seen. he was so convincing, I was sure I missed the genius of it. But I never saw it again, and will probaly never know if he was right or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Monrak Transistor blew me away - I was stunned by the degree to which the movie was able to show (to morons like me) so much about the way (many, or some) Thais live their lives, how they make or don't make decisions, just flow along with whatever happens, and how 'whatever happens' is usually shit, for some. Not to mention the spot-on portrayal of a Thai woman (too pale and Chinese looking for my taste, of course) whose life gets fucked over again and again. I definitely recommend this film to anyone whose curiosity has been piqued by their time in Thailand and their relations with Thais. And of course, if you're a fan of morlam and look tung music, especially the older stuff, you'll love the soundtrack.

Agree that Nang Nak is watchable, and that there aren't too many other good Thai movies... I haven't seen anything as good as Monrak Transistor.

Mai leum -

OH's image shows a movie I recall from the photo, but not the story :cover:

It feature the usual suspect(lower left corner with the hat) who also feature in e.g. the pleasant 'nongkhai naga saga'=fullmoon arai wah? as well as he play regularly at the saxofon pub :up:

Jan dara I watched several times with wife it remains a favorite even with hongkong actresses :)

The 'poor guy in the temple shack who took the sexy wife after his fathers dead'=I FAK! movie also is a nice piece of work so is the book

Archived