Soi Zero Passes Into History

StoneSoup

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I have been there in 15 years, but this place sure was an insititution of sorts.

Buckskin Joe was always there for us on those nights when we ran out of choices.

For reasons of nostalgia, it will surely be missed.

Does anyone remember the Thai name of this place?

Way back when, the Thai taxi drivers would only know this place by its Thai name. I cannot recall what it was.

Adios, BJ(oe)!

Yes, the Machim apartment block was at the back of the soi where a lot of the girls stayed, along with a fair few from Nana. I spent a night or two there with a friend from Nana who shared a room with her sister, 2 nieces and another pai of sisters. They all worked in the same bar in Nana. There were so many shoes outside the room - no space inside - that they were raided more than once by the 'card police assuming there was a big game on.

The girl I was particularly friendly with later ran a bar down that end of Soi Zero ('Love You' bar?) and was last seen on her way to Dubai where she was marrying a jockey!!

Took a true diamond from a bar in Bucksin Joe's back in 2002. Had absolutely no expectations walking down that soi and came away pleasantly surprised. She had a great body, great attitude, and spoke good English. She ended up marrying a Phuket based expat. The good ones never last very long. Someone posted in a thread a while back about this same subject that it's going to be a car park.

Archived