WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

I told you: he should have butted him, pulled the referee's shorts down and run off with the cup in the mayhem! :up:

Yanks don't head butt, not our style. Nohting says 'don't try that again you pussy' like a good old fashioned, bitch slap.

sayjann said:

i'm sort of happy.

after England,Italy are my Team.

the land of my Paternal Grandfather and the Country where my Surname originates from........... :grinyes:

so what if it was a poor Game,i'm happy.............. :chili:

You know, in the semis it was interesting for me to see my own reaction to a nightmare scenario: either Germany, Italy, France or Portugal had to win and, naturally, I hoped they'd all lose.

Portugal - traditional English ally but, after the way they behaved, they were discounted first.

France - hmmm... traditional first English enemy, but NOT in football (where the cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys don't even notice enough to crow ::).

Germany - like us, but crucially not like us - they acted nice, played nicer than usual and fooled a lot of Englishmen into giving them their allegiance and I nearly went with it. But the crowing on this thread woke me up. After a couple of games where Sweden and Argentina inexplicably lay down and died, they actually believed they have a good team again! We'd never have heard the end of it. And they've been lucky enough already in football terms.

Italy - hmmm... traditional cynical defensive cheats but they won me over in the semis with little foul play and some good football. It's like World War II - if they'd have won, unlike the Germans, you don't think they'd take it seriously enough to carry all the bad stuff through. They wouldn't try to hurt anyone - they'd just get back to their cappucinos, going around on scooters and saying "Ciao!" to everyone! :D

chocolat steve said:

Bada bing...its 12 yards and I can understand. Do you think you'd ever get into the sport? Can you be pried away from the Detroit Lions by the likes of Arsenal? Somehow I don't think so...haha...

OK , CS , bad wording from me , what I was thinking is , I know that have to end the match , but at such a close distance to the net , there is virtually no chance for the goalie. Then the blame is put on the goalie , who never had a chance to begin with ?

I enjoyed the WC , watched alot , just thought the rules if for a tie could have givin each team a more equal chance for victory , afterall the hard play and time given to getting to the final match... :tophat:

Bada :beer: Bing

BadaBing said:

Why do the play 2 hours of soccer , then go to who can score kicks into the goal from 10 meters away to decide who rules the world in soccer ???? Pretty lame , 3rd world logic I guess , GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL , for what ?

Bada :barf: Bing

Agree, the only thrilling thing on that tournament was, which mistake will make the Referee as next?

Archived