WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just remember one thing...........

the Almighty (Mr Khunsanuk) once said he liked my avatar.

i like my Girlie and unlike others will not change her every Week.

carry on dissing my little angel and i will ban you from the PL Competition............you naughty boy.

chocolat steve said:

Whatever was said to ZZ it was very harsh and very personal. It had to be for him to react like that. ZZ understands Italian very well, having played for Juve for a number of years. He was wrong and deserved to be sent off, but I can only guess what was said and the Italian player said it to get a reaction out of him.

And it was while playing for Juve that in 2000 he did exactly the same thing (headbutting) to the German Amburgo's player, Kientz.

What had Kientz said to him on that occasion?

And what had the Saudi player who got stomped on by Zidane during the 1998 WC (the year France won their first and only title) said to him? (on that occasion Zidane got suspended for two games and came back just on the final match against Brazil)

It seems you aren't much familiar with pro sports players and what goes on and what players tell to each other during matches... In this regard Zidane is no worse nor better than the medium player, he is just average.

Anyway, a bit of statistics may help those who don't follow football that closely to better understand the true values on the field...

There are just 7 teams to have ever won the World Cup and they are, in order from the most successful one to the least:

1. Brazil:

world champion 5 times

2nd place 2 times

3rd place 2 times

4th place 1 time

2. Italy:

world champion 4 times

2nd place 2 times

3rd place 1 time

4th place 1 time

3. Germany:

world champion 3 times

2nd place 4 times

3rd place 3 time

4th place 1 time

4. Argentina:

world champion 2 times

2nd place 2 times

3rd place never

4th place never

5. Uruguay:

world champion 2 times

2nd place never

3rd place never

4th place 2 times

6. France:

world champion 1 time

2nd place 1 time

3rd place 2 times

4th place 1 time

7. England:

world champion 1 time

2nd place never

3rd place never

4th place 1 time

Ciao e viva l'Italia campione del mondo! :)

'It seems you aren't much familiar with pro sports players and what goes on'

don't worry about Steve........ :shakehead

he decided to support an English Team who have some sort of history.

he decided to support them after a period of success.

he did'nt bother to pick a Team which is a lower Team.

unlike me who cheers on Teams who are totally crap.

Limbo,

The votes came from the fifaworldcup.com users.

But entertaining team doesn't of course mean the best playing one. Probably (looking back at this WC) the least boring one to watch as there was more often than other teams something happening on the pitch, be it positive or negative :rolleyes:

BadaBing said:

OK , CS , bad wording from me , what I was thinking is , I know that have to end the match , but at such a close distance to the net , there is virtually no chance for the goalie. Then the blame is put on the goalie , who never had a chance to begin with ?

I enjoyed the WC , watched alot , just thought the rules if for a tie could have givin each team a more equal chance for victory , afterall the hard play and time given to getting to the final match... :tophat:

Bada :beer: Bing

No worries BB. Although I've totally fell in love with the sport and my club, I can't disagree with fellow Americans when they say its boring. Not because I think it is, but I can see why they would think so. Just like how baseball is boring as hell to the expat Brits at the pub I go to. You and I grew up with baseball and 'they' grew up with soccer and cricket.

Anyway, the penalty kick seems like an easy thing. But you have to weigh in the pressure factor. Look at our sports: basketball. 10 feet from the basket and every pro should be able to make a 10 foot shot and the best only make it 80-90 percent of the time and most only about 70 percent of the time and we've seen guys who are great free throw shooters miss it with the game on the line. Same with a PK. World class players have skied it over the bar more than a few times.

Football you have a kicker missing what should be an easy 35 yard field goal but with the game on the line it may as well be 350 yards for some kickers who routinely make it from as far as 40 yards away.

The pressure of a PK gives some advantage to the goalkeeper. Look at the French guy that missed it. He's one of the better players in his positions in Europe.

I know what you mean about the ending. Perhaps play till someone wins like in basketball and baseball. These guys run for an hour and a half and are dead tired, if you played till somone scored they'd be walking instead of running from being exhausted.

FIGJAM said:

It seems you aren't much familiar with pro sports players and what goes on and what players tell to each other during matches...

...and you are intimately familiar with what goes on with pro sports players during matches? :bow:

Which professional team did you play for? Can I have an autograph? ::

FIGJAM said:

Anyway, a bit of statistics may help those who don't follow football that closely to better understand the true values on the field...

Help a yank out. Why don't they just pick up the ball and run with it, wouldn't it be easier to score? ::

Let me guess. You're a man yoo supporter, right?

Archived