2-0-0 (2) Uruguay

1-1-2 (4) France

1-0-0 (1) England

Mark my words, by 2018 you're gonna add the yanks to that list..hehehe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Munchmaster said:
bibblies said: ......... The World CUP (see the emphasis? ::) needs, by its very nature, some luck to win it.

So what you're saying is that England have been very unlucky and the others like Brazil, Germany, Italy, etc, have been very lucky?

Nah, but the best team doesn't always win the knockout cups, does it?

Here's an all-time table. I couldn't find the latest version so it's a little old but the main positions will still be the same. So, seeing England are 5th there, I think it's reasonable to have some hope. The 5th place team in the league has a pretty good chance in the FA Cup, for example. Yet you're saying it's ridiculous to even dare hoping.

http://www.planetworldcup.com/NATIONS/maraton.html

............................PL...W...D...L...GOALS...PTS

...1.Brazil..............87..60..14..13..191-.82...150

...2.Germany.........85..50..18..17..176-106..129

...3.Italy...............70..39..17..14..110-.67...103

...4.Argentina........60..30..11..19..102-.71.....77

...5.England.........50..22..15..13...68-.45......63

...6.Spain.............45..19..12..14...71-.53......56

...7.France............44..21....7..16...86-.61......55

...8.Sweden..........42..15..11..16...71-.65......45

...9.Netherlands....32..14....9....9...56-.36......43

..10.Russia/USSR...37..17...6..14...64-.44......42

That list is a bit silly, because th points don't add up. They haven't corrected the list for the fact that before 2 points were awarded and now 3. Otherwise, Brazil would have 194 points. This makes it hard to compare the results of Hungary, who collected all their points in the first period of football and the netherlands wo made some after the 3 points per win was awarded.

kojis69 said:

Besides some Matarazzi savage elbow action

intense...he learned his tricks properly it seems...

Since you seem not to get it: a trick would be, for example, that to verbally provoke your opponent if you feel he is so weak and/or stupid as to allow himself to be provoked into committing a foul.

What that clip shows, instead, is a foul (committed by Materazzi and for which he got punished like Zidane has, with a red card). It is not a trick.

Hope this helps.

"Since you seem not to get it: a trick would be, for example, that to verbally provoke your opponent if you feel he is so weak and/or stupid as to allow himself to be provoked into committing a foul."

I actually agree on that one, whatever was said Zidane should have kept his cool. One would expect a better thought reaction from one of the most paid and experienced players in the world.

Yet we hope now that he's relax and no camera is around he can spend a few hundred thousand euros to have Materazzi kidnapped by a couple of his rough mates from native Marseille's poor districts and give him a week of paid back in those infamous french suburban housing estates. Would make quite funny clip :)

bibblies said:

Btw, isn't it funny how the Germans in this thread, after accusing the English of being over-nationalistic, completely lost interest as soon as their own team went out? :D

Bullshit :)

I am in Pattaya and there are many more interesting things than football! Football is only the 2nd best thing in the world. Girls are still my favorite!

We germans don't have discuss things like you brits :)

We lost we are out, that was it!

You loose and you are still wining after years!

again and again and again

you BRITS have NOTHING to say that could bother a german :)

No wait, you have the better midfield? lol, NO!

No wait, you shoot better penalties? lol, NO!

No wait, now I got one: England is the more successful team?

nope shit doesn't match again!

Damnit, sorry ... maybe in 4 years :)

Archived