WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

Neo said:

"I still don't think the German team is that good."

LOL, so what do you think about England team?

I think, as a team, we're shit! :D

Italy was very lucky to find the goal in the last minute. Just because a team plays better (like Italy did) doesn't guarantee they go through. If they hadn't found that goal in the last minute of of the last extra time, no one could have fancied their chances in a shoot out.

As a neutral I started to watch that not sure what team I wanted to go through but Italy captivated me with their sophisticated movement. They controlled you, passing in lovely small rings around you. You had no real chances to worry them and your football, while trying to be positive, was at least one or two levels of class below them. There's a reason why they already beat you 4-1 this year and they also beat Holland 3-1 on a long unbeaten run.

Your comment about penalties shows me what I suspected - that Germany were sort of counting on it to go to penalties and that's a bit sad. We've had enough of those and a team getting to the final by winning on penalties for two games in a row against technically better sides would be too much. But they scored two beautiful goals in proper play and reaffirmed my faith that there could be a classy winner of this World Cup.

They hit the post twice, were cutting through you and had 4 strikers on the pitch by the end. So how were they "very lucky" to score?! You were luckier they didn't repeat the 4-1 and luckier that Argentina decided not to play in the previous round!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

There's nothing unfortunate about it. Both sides won through fairly. Italy played great entertaining football in the semi-final and deserved to win against a less skilled but valiant Germany side.

Now where is Euro 2008 going to be held? In some passionless dull countries that never contribute anything of their own and will instead have to import all the fans, atmosphere and entertainment from places with real footballing fervour like Italy, France, Germany, England, Holland and Spain. The fact that a championship's going to be held in such a boring undeserving place populated by sycophantic disinterested bankers is the real :whatever:

if you would be not so arrogant, and if you would check what you always talking about, then you could see, that you talk a lot of rubbish over and over again.

But anway, while EURO'08 i will not stay in my country.

I will travel far away as i can, and my flat, a walk distance to a EURO Stadium,

i will not rent to silly football hooligans, maybe except they are Scottish or Irish.

:neener:

actually i havent even watched the game last night, I was screwing on a black girl from Norway (beyonce knowles look a like) in Lucifer while the game for the game was running in my back on the big screen :)

bibblies said:

Heh - I've got him now lads! :D If he responds, he has to either say that Germany in 2002 were lucky and didn't deserve to reach the final... or that it was a triumph in 2006 because not much was expected (i.e.because their players aren't really that good) ... or that England under-achieved and, in that case, he's admitting that England have great players! He can't answer without incriminating himself! ::

nah bibbs you got it all wrong again, you cant beat a german with english logic :)

Germany always deserves to reach the final because they are always fitter than the other teams! 2002 wasnt lucky, it was unlucky since they have been way better then Brasil! We also had a goalie in Oliver Kahn who was performing on an unhuman level (except the final)

2006 wasnt a downfall, it was our greatest success we ever had.

The country stood together like never before, this country is one tight unit again. It is okay to show patriotism again and we are all proud of our young team for what they have achieved. We had so much fun with our team, best scorer, best youngster, best midfielder and a 3rd place. WOW WE FUCKING ROCK!

Now here in Pattaya there arent many English beeing proud of their team. When you hear around you hear them say that, Rooney is a twat (noone blaming Ronaldo), everybody keeps on saying that England had the wrost performance in 40 years and that their players are overrated! (english people saying that)

I agree with them

sorry bibbs you lost again but I wish you a pleasant final :)

Maybe you beat me at the Euro 2008 :)

j/K

Mentors said:

i will not rent to silly football hooligans, maybe except they are Scottish or Irish.

:neener:

So I take it you would rent to silly Scottish or Irish football hooligans. They would definitely have to be silly as their respective teams won't be playing in the Euro Championships. :neener:

Fact: No one would notice or care if your country didn't turn up for a World Cup.

Fact: Your country does nothing for the rest of the world.

Fact: If there was a United Nations resolution to blow it off the face of the Earth, no one would vote against it!

:D

You're the one being negative and boring, with those :whatever: icons every time you post. Don't you get it - you're Swiss. You have no right to be bored by anybody. Don't complain when you have nothing to bring to the party.

Italy are playing well and deserve to be in the final - even the Germans will tell you that.

ChristianTroy said:

We also had a goalie in Oliver Kahn who was performing on an unhuman level (except the final)

That one is sure!! this guy just LOOKS unhuman... scary to look at him last night... I'll think twice before I calll any isaan girl simian ever again...

Nice game BTW, but don't understand al the criticism about coaches chosing to play with only 1 forward... one might prefer more agressive football, but one can't logically BAN them for beeing efficient ?!?

ChristianTroy said:

2002 wasnt lucky, it was unlucky since they have been way better then Brasil!

:rotfl:

::

:rotfl:

2006 wasnt a downfall, it was our greatest success we ever had.

Nah, you actually won it in 1954, 1974 and 1990. You got to the final in 1966 ( ::), 1982, 1986 and 2002. You've been to the semi-finals 11 times now - it's normal for you.

We had so much fun with our team, best scorer, best youngster, best midfielder and a 3rd place.

Check, Check, er - best midfielder? :dunno: wtf? Who?

WOW WE FUCKING ROCK!

Not with your music, you don't! You'd have to borrow ours to do that. :neener:

Now here in Pattaya there arent many English beeing proud of their team. When you hear around you hear them say that, Rooney is a twat (noone blaming Ronaldo), everybody keeps on saying that England had the wrost performance in 40 years and that their players are overrated!

Er, I think most of us on here are saying that too. But we can say we were shit AND say Ronaldo's a cunt AND say we don't think your team is that good either at the same time!

Btw, your own Kaiser said, before coming into this tournament, that he thought England had the best players and team in Europe. So we weren't the only ones...

I honestly don't know who you're referring to when you say Germany had the best midfielder as Ballack was shit throughout the tournament and Schweinsteiger did nothing until the meaningless 3rd/4th place play off but it got me thinking of who were the best players. I'll go for:

Goalkeeper: Lehman

Defenders: Cannavaro, Marquez, Zambrotta, Grosso/ Lahm

Midfielders: Ronaldo, Maniche, Maxi Rodriguez, Pirlo

Forwards: Klose, Torres

Despite the fact that he's a cunt, I thought Ronaldo should have been chosen as the best young player of the tournament. Podolski didn't do that much really. Maniche was underrated and a better choice than any German for the best midfielder. Maybe you were thinking of Frings but Maxi Rodriguez and Ronaldo also outperformed this player. In fact, Frings could have been disqualified on haircut alone.

Archived