WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

SM,

why doesn't scolari favour Gomes over Pauleta?

Pauleta has had a better season and has played well in the qualification matches. Perhaps Scolari was hoping to see him grow in the tournament. I personally favor Gomes. He's faster and unpredictable. And a much better header also but kinda out of form before the tournament. He should've been given a chance after Pauleta's poor performances.

Still...both on the pitch would've given us more power upfront.

And why has he never played Boa Morte? He is a player that can revive the spirit in attack, IMO.

Yeah, not sure about that. Boa Morte finished the season with very decent performances for Fulham but I guess the coach had more confidence in the regular players and subs.

Besides, Portugal did reasonably well this WC and better than the expectations despite the lack of goals.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann,

I do hope Ronaldo stays at Man U. Not so much for his weekly play but rather the discussions it'll generate between our good selves ;)

Bibbs,

You team of the tournament is OK but I wasn't too fond of Torres (no, not because he's Spanish..well...a little to be honest) but I'd go for van Persie instead.

That's the disappointment of this World Cup. I was struggling a bit to name that team. The Germans have been gracious hosts but no new players really shone out and all the supposed stars that were going to shine - Ronaldinho, Messi, Rooney, Lampard(! :(), Kaka, Robinho, Tevez, etc - simply flopped.

Wherever Ronaldo goes, I hope he cuts out the diving, whining, cheating side of his game. I just don't understand why a player of such talent needs to do such things.

Wherever Ronaldo goes, I hope he cuts out the diving, whining, cheating side of his game. I just don't understand why a player of such talent needs to do such things.

He was way way worse in his younger years at Sporting and Man U.

He's still maturing and as he does he loses the egoistic play he grew up with.

Not sure who or what's been responsible for his improvements, Scolari, Ferguson, English playstyle, his team-mates at Man U or a combinations of those.

But I would really regret it if he moves to Real at this stage. He's been improving so well at Man U and 2 or 3 more seasons would make him a near perfect winger IMHO. A move now would destroy a lot of potential as he's still way too inexperienced to be named Real's new superstar unlike going there as a hot prospect for the future, which ain't the case with him anymore.

I think if he played another season in England it'd be like Beckham after the 98 World Cup. I.e. he'd get a lot of stick but he'd grow up and become better because of it.

As Vialli and Mourinho noticed, you can never be a hero in England if you cheat. We've seen an example this season where Drogba is reviled by his own fans for his behaviour. Supposedly, even some of his team mates have told him to stop it. Before this World Cup, Ronaldo had been improving, diving less. But if he turns away now, he's going to get a reputation for cheating rather than his skill and there could even come a point when referees will stop awarding him free kicks for real fouls because they don't trust him! It would be a pity. All he has to do is cut it out and he could start to be loved by fans around the world.

Btw, now Beckham and Owen are getting old, is yours the world's favourite gay team? (I mean the team most adored by gay men?) Not only has it got Ronaldo, it's got cutie Nuno Gomes and dreamboat Paolo Ferreira. :o:elephant:

[color:"white"]. [/color] :p

[color:"white"] [/color]<|¬

[color:"white"]. [/color] |\

teddy said:
Mentors said:

i will not rent to silly football hooligans, maybe except they are Scottish or Irish.

:neener:

So I take it you would rent to silly Scottish or Irish football hooligans. They would definitely have to be silly as their respective teams won't be playing in the Euro Championships. :neener:

Yes, especially for Scotland with Italy and France in the same group. ::

bibblies said:

Italy are playing well and deserve to be in the final - even the Germans will tell you that.

Yes and the referees will told me the same!

about the other shit, you are embarrassing, but it's a waste of time to answer to an cracy English hooligan any longer!

Ooops :D SWISS Roger Federer wins his 4th Wimbledon Victory in follow today!

Glad to see on TV how much happy the English fans are today with Roger :grinyes: :grinyes:

Roger Federer's alright. But in football, you Swiss have contributed nothing. In fact, with the odious Sepp Blatter in charge of FIFA, less than nothing. You're not a football nation, you don't have any spirit and don't have any right to call other passionate skillful football nations like Italy boring.

The two nations in the final deserve to be there because they won their matches. Stop whining about it. Or are you just trying to suck up to your German bank customers by calling them "the Real World Champions"? :down:

And if you think football's boring, get off the thread.

Archived