WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

teddy said:

Have to say that I think the only way we will get better is for Fat Frank to get injured and miss the rest of the tourno. Why the fcuk Gerrard has to sit back covering for the fat twat while he goes forward and misses chance after chance is beyond me. Sven might consider switching them around and letting Fat Frank cover for Gerrard but Fat Frank hasn't got the energy.

At the very least he could switch to using Carragher in front of the CD's and leave both to attack.

I also thought both full backs were pretty crap defending and non-existent in overlapping with the midfield.

Anyway, I'm now actually sitting here cheering Drogba on against the argies which is a sobering thought. ::

Lampard was about the only player who was every going to score, I know we're both watching the game through rose-tinted glasses, but Gerrard wasn't playing well.

At least I had the joy of watching Crespo versus Drogba :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChristianTroy said:

Here is some aftermath:

none of the so called fav teams has really impressed me yet!

England gotta improve, Argentina didn't convince me, Sweden sucked and the Ivory coast should have won.

Costa Rica shouldn't even be in this tournament since there are teams like Denmark or Cameroon which play a way better ball!

Considering it was the opening game, germany was partly convincing me but the defense is the shit! They scored 4 goals so it is hard to say something negative, they usually improve and grow in a tournament! Poland sucked and Equador has more breath than i thought. Paraquay missed a chance against frightenend Brits.

The atmosphere in the arenas is brilliant so are the stadiums themselves. Football in HDTV is awesome and 6 onion rings made fart 43 times during the last match!

According to what I have seen here is my temporary ranking

1) Argentina

2) Germany

3) Ivory Coast

4) England

5) Equador

6) Trinidad & Tobago

7) Sweden

8) Paraquay

9) Poland

10) Costa Rica

You put Costa Rica at 10 and England at 4.....Costa Rica scored two goals against the home nation, England didn't score any !!!!! Surely you should be swapping them around....

Up yours Alholk!

It's WC time, let's cut the crap and have a :beer:

Yo Mekong slow down slow down, you're talking to BadaBing, remember, let's keep it SIMPLE! :)

Badabing,

I happened to see "Offside for Dummies" last time I checked the bookshop around the corner, which happened to be yesterday when I was searching for the Oxford Dic Alholk recommended me...anyway went back, peeked inside and found the following for you:

Player A passes the ball (round object) to player B (same team otherwise player A needs to be substituted for Player C)

Which then becomes Player C passes the ball (round object) to Player B. If at the moment of passing all players of the opponent (except keeper..keeper is scary man with gloves) are standing/sitting/picnicking on one side and scary man/goal (goal = big rectangular object with net, Not ..I repeat ..Not used for fishing) then everybody has picked sides but player B which received the ball (round object) from player A (who may have been substituted by Player C in case of bad passing) hasn't and will therefore be punished by the ref for not picking the side his opponents were on. This line seems to be OK too, though this one is an imaginary one which can't be seen no matter how closely one looks.

He is then called off side. He too could then be substituted for preferably player D or E.

Hope it helps!

:help:

BadaBing said:

WOW !!! how can a ref make that call ????? , guess there is alot of complaining about that one... ::

Bada :: Bing

Its generally the linesman that makes the call, to simplify the offside rule.

From the moment the ball is kicked forward to a teammate, said teammate has to be level or behind 2 players of the opposition (i.e. the goalkeeper and another player, usually a defender).

--------[ x ]-------------------

x o

o

Where "o" is the attacking team and "x" is the defending team

Badabing,

A good graphic description of the offside rule can be found here .

WOW !!! how can a ref make that call ????? , guess there is alot of complaining about that one...

You're right, it is basically impossible for a linesman to see if a player is offside, because he has to watch two things at the same time:

- The ball (to determine the exact moment it is being passed) and

- The position of the attacker relative to the defending team

while at the same time deciding if the offender is in active play (sometimes one attacker is offside, but not in play, while another atacker who gets the ball, isn't).

Basically, a linesman has to look cross-eyed to see everything necessary to decide if an attacker is offside or not. The quality of linesmenship this WC so far has been OUTSTANDING.

chelseafan said:

Lampard was about the only player who was every going to score, I know we're both watching the game through rose-tinted glasses, but Gerrard wasn't playing well.

At least I had the joy of watching Crespo versus Drogba :D

Gerrard was too busy playing deep covering for fat arse Frank. Gerrard is a more attacking midfield player so should not be wasted in that position.

Thought Drogba played well last night, up against two excellent Argie centre backs.

cheers Zaad.............. :up:

i think Badabing will understand things after your explanation......... :grinyes:

but the good news............. :elephant: :elephant:

this Thread is a HOT TOPIC........... :applause:

i think the 1st time one of the Threads i have started has had the honour......... :yay:

Archived