WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

Angola - Portugal 0:1

how embarassing was that? Portugal defending the lead for 60 minutes? Portugal has some major problems in their defense. Figo is still good! With the all the performaces I have seen so far, it should be an easy thing for Brasil to win the cup!

Kinda annoying to see the 'top teams' playing like that!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with the overall performance of Portugal, complete control, good passing, nice combinations, decent chances but should have killed the opponent with a couple more goals.

We made it ourselves difficult until the end by giving them hope for an equalizer. That cost us extra energy as well.

Stronger teams may not be so forgiving.

Anyways, it's a good start!

:up:

Defending the lead for 60 minutes?

Major problems in defense?

We may have been watching a different game then... :rolleyes:

They focussed on long range shots since that was their best hope for a goal against us.

Can't see how this match/result was so embarrassing as you say.

Perhaps I'm biased, doubt it though.

:)

Zaad said:

Defending the lead for 60 minutes?

We may have been watching a different game then... :rolleyes:

Lol!!!

I am sure without Portugal Glasses you would agree!

Anyways: 3 points are 3 points, nobody can take them from your team. Playing Angola 1:0 is simply not enough! They could have won 6:0, who knows, maybe they need the goals to make first place! One lucky shot in the last minutes and you go home with a draw! That is a stupid decission from Scolari. It really is! You can't seriously be happy with the game!!??

CT,

You can't seriously be happy with the game!!??

I'm definitely happy with the game, not so much with the result.

Statistics say most part of the game was played on their (Angola's) half...can't say we were defending for an hour can you?

Maybe we should watch the game once more ..together..and discuss with a :beer: that might resolve our disagreement.

Watched most of the game, but suffered through the Thai commentary (the only part I understood was when the commentators were touting the SMS services, which seemed to account for about half of their comments) and lack of onscreen clock.

Was curious as to why Christiano Ronaldo was substituted around the 60th minute. Maybe his early yellow card?

He seemed unhappy about sitting down early in a 1-0 game.

Yeah he was..surprised me a little as well. He had a good game, but unfortunate near the goal. Could have scored a couple but caused serious trouble at the opponents defence :up:

He used to be this typical "selfish" kind of glory hunter going for own success prior to (and in his early) Man U days but seems to have changed his attitude for the better..maybe this atmosphere in the WC has brough back a little of his past. Possibly, but let's hope he remembers that team performance is top priority..I'm sure Scolari will remind him of that.

Scolari is a Wanker.......... :down:

fancy taking off Ronaldo............ :doah:

doesn't every Manager know that any Man Utd Player is the best?.........

disappointed in both the Dutch and the Portugese.

should have been quite easy wins but failed to capitalise on the early Goals.

same as England..

i know the opening Games are sometimes a little sterile but nobody has really impressed me yet...........well,maybe Argentina.

the 'BIG GUNS' so far have not looked that bright.

Germany are poor at the back,England are poor at the front.

Holland and Portugal just seemed to want to defend a lead and didn't seem to have a lot of desire..........

but saying that they will all probably all qualify for the knock-out stages...........

Archived