WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:snowlaugh

'Dunno what you mean'..........thought i'd just throw that in for a laugh.

i knew you wouldn't know what i meant..........just yanking your chain........... :grinyes:

a nutmeg is when a Player deliberately pushes the ball the ball through his opponents legs and then runs around him and gets the ball again.

enjoyed the Argentina/Ivory Coast Game.

good to see 2 Teams going for the win and if the Ivorians had been more disciplined in front of Goal then they could have easily won.

the Argies were the better Team in the 1st half but were outplayed for long stretches in the 2nd.

but i liked the look of the Argies...........

good to see Gabby Heinze back.............. :elephant::chili::yay:

his 1st competitive Game since Sept last Year and he looked good.

MU missed him last season.

but a sign of things to come for the PL next season?.

Toure roughs up Crespo and Heinze gets booked for a tackle on Drogba................. :applause:

Here is some aftermath:

none of the so called fav teams has really impressed me yet!

England gotta improve, Argentina didn't convince me, Sweden sucked and the Ivory coast should have won.

Costa Rica shouldn't even be in this tournament since there are teams like Denmark or Cameroon which play a way better ball!

Considering it was the opening game, germany was partly convincing me but the defense is the shit! They scored 4 goals so it is hard to say something negative, they usually improve and grow in a tournament! Poland sucked and Equador has more breath than i thought. Paraquay missed a chance against frightenend Brits.

The atmosphere in the arenas is brilliant so are the stadiums themselves. Football in HDTV is awesome and 6 onion rings made fart 43 times during the last match!

According to what I have seen here is my temporary ranking

1) Argentina

2) Germany

3) Ivory Coast

4) England

5) Equador

6) Trinidad & Tobago

7) Sweden

8) Paraquay

9) Poland

10) Costa Rica

All right. Encouraged by my fellow North American Badabing (I too wondered why the Swedish fans were so glum), I've got a stupid question of my own: Why do the goalies, or goalkeepers I guess you say, wear different colours than their teammates? To stand out? Why would that be important?

Archived