5 most annoying things about football

Neo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. Goalie has ball in hand and decides to just punt the ball as deep as he can. It?s basically a jump ball often snatched by the other team who comes right back with it. Why not pass the ball to someone on your own side versus these jump balls?

This is one of teh reasons why I am not a big football fan. For me the clue is in the name FOOT. If I want to watch folk play volleyball I will watch Womens Beach Volleyball.

And then every few years folk get excited that a player turns up who can take on the opposition with the ball at his feet, rather than as soon as someone approachs within 10 feet try and pass the ball away (with varying degrees of success). Of course the new found "wonder player" soon gets re-educated......

I blame the no back pass rule.

'I blame the no back pass rule'

but you are allowed to pass back,it's just that the Goalie isn't allowed to use his hands to control it.

i like the rule,it's made Teams like Liverpool have had to play Football instead of ruining the Game and making it boring by passing back from 50 Yards every 20 seconds...........

1. The clock runs up instead of down to zero. Who knows how long a game lasts?

2. Ok, I guess the game lasts 90 minutes. But then they keep playing for awhile anyway.

3. Jerseys that are just advertisements. If they need to sell ads, fine, but wear team colors and put the team name on the jersey, so which team is which is not a secret.

4. The goalie does not wear the same advertisement as his teamates. At a glance you can't tell which team is close to scoring.

5. In the UK soccer is called football. But most native English speaking countries (ie, USA, Canada, Australia) call soccer, soccer and football, football. If you are trying to speak English, try and get it right.

Cloa4u said;

"5. In the UK soccer is called football. But most native English speaking countries (ie, USA, Canada, Australia) call soccer, soccer and football, football. If you are trying to speak English, try and get it right. "

The original name for the game is football. Don't know where soccer originates from though.

Soccer ius just an American made up word.

they don't like to be second best and liked the word Football.

so they decided to keep it to themselves and give the rest of the World the word Soccer..........

they like the word Football so much they named one of their biggest sports with the name in the title.

despite the fact that they only have one Player who actually uses his feet,the rest use their hands.

which of course is the opposite to REAL FOOTBALL............

'but wear team colors and put the team name on the jersey, so which team is which is not a secret'

watch the Game a little bit more.

you will see that each Team plays in their own colours and normally has something to do with the colour of their flag.

and why put the names on the shirts?.

people in the know know who is who.

Archived