5 most annoying things about football

Neo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

watch the Game a little bit more.

you will see that each Team plays in their own colours

I was in Pattaya a couple weeks ago when Liverpool played West Ham in the FIFA game, which I guess was some kind of big deal.

I did go to a couple bars to watch the game with my teeruk of the 10 day "holiday". She knows the players by name, and kept calling the elevator a lift. I'm starting to think that she has a teeruk from the UK too. ::

We had a great time watching the game, but I think it was due to her little Liverpool red top and white mini skirt as much as the close game.

1. Time gaining

2. Players waving with their arms to indicate to the ref that the opponent deserves a yellow/red card

3. Schwalbes

4. Incompetant refs and linesman who get it obviously wrong

5. Racial behaviour by fans

• 5 years later...

FYI...

Ah, sayjann, the term 'soccer' isn't an American made up word! It's purely an English creation.

It was first and commonly used by the English players, as a slang term, derived from "assoc" when the 'Football Association' was created, in the mid-1800's.

Might I suggest you research the history of the game to get your facts straight!

You might start with Bill Murrays' "The World's Game: A History of Soccer", or any of the other resources detailing the history of the game of Soccer/Football.

While we Yanks often use the old _English_ term "soccer" to differentiate from our country's game, you might also check and learn that the in the early rules of American football, you could _only_ use your feet. Only much later, as our game and rules evolved were players allowed to use their hands, and passing the ball was slowly incorporated into our game. Further, you might find it eye-opening to research the early history of "soccer" and learn that it was once very popular in America. However, politics and rivalries from the American version of football trumped over soccer the organizations.

Soccer is just an American made up word.

they don't like to be second best and liked the word Football.

so they decided to keep it to themselves and give the rest of the World the word Soccer..........

they like the word Football so much they named one of their biggest sports with the name in the title.

despite the fact that they only have one Player who actually uses his feet,the rest use their hands.

which of course is the opposite to REAL FOOTBALL............

Archived