Recommended 5 Star Hotel?

Straycat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever tried this one?

http://www.theascottsathorn.com/home.htm

great place, great service, has a Family Mart in the parking garage,

their rooms have more space a person needs, they are huge!

Great Kitchen if you need one and if you like to watch DVDs the room comes with a 5.1 system and at least 2 Tvs in the living room and the Bedroom!

Great Lounge Hu'us (or so)

Awesome Thai food and good mediteranian food!

Awesome Gym with a panorama view over the city!

They also have a great Spa, it's all included in the room rate!

Cabs are always waiting downstairs!

My personal top choice in BKK so far!

a close friend to mine always stay in Grand Hyatt and he is very positive about that (usually he is very picky on hotels).

the Novotel is simply not in the same league as the other two. it's Accor group's lower positioned brand in comparison to Sofitel.

samak said:

a close friend to mine always stay in Grand Hyatt and he is very positive about that (usually he is very picky on hotels).

the Novotel is simply not in the same league as the other two. it's Accor group's lower positioned brand in comparison to Sofitel.

yep, thats right. Grand Hyatt is a five star property. Novotel is a 4 star property. Hyatt is priced accordingly. In a different league and price bracket. Other five star includes, Banyan Tree, Intercontinental, Four Seasons, JW Marriott. Conrad.

There are others. Many customers used to stay in the above up to 6500 Baht/night. We let them try Majestic Grande, Grande Deluxe room, priced at 3498 Baht/night(special price not on our web) and they haven't gone back to the others.

However, its all about personal preferences. What suits you, may not suit others.

Tim

Archived