1am closing reinforced again??

Hardy641

Over the last 3 weeks I enjoyed watching football (including the late night games) at various places around Patpong and Sukhumvit. Aside from broadcasting the games, some places had also discos attached. The notorius booze booths on Sukhumvit look mostly deserted. I felt like the good old days are coming back. :)

But when walking tonight at 1:30am along Sukhumvit to go watch the Italy game a lame feeling came over me when I saw many small booze shops very crowded. And indeed I found all wellknown after hour places closed, Soi 1, Soi 4, Soi 5 Soi 11 and above Thermae. All closed already at 1am. Some girls told me that this is going on for 2-3 days already.

I don't know if there is any link to Toxin talking to top burocrats this weeks. He fiercely told them to resume work and continue with their jobs.

Anbody knows some details? Is it only short term? I don't wanna miss a semi-final because of this noncense... :(

Right on the mark. Patpong is also closing at 1am starting about a week ago. It seems last night nana closed even before 1am. Not good because with the late football games it's an otherwise ideal time to stay out late.

Hardy641 said: And indeed I found all wellknown after hour places closed, Soi 1, Soi 4, Soi 5 Soi 11 and above Thermae. All closed already at 1am. Some girls told me that this is going on for 2-3 days already.

It started on Friday night and tonight should be the last night.

Cheers,

Kwai

It started on Friday night and tonight should be the last night.
Any hints as to why this happening?

Thailand's economy is sputtering, everyone is looking to tourism to help it through this rough spot, and the last thing the country needs is another crackdown. Who is calling the shots now on these sorts of matters?

Early closing when QF of the WC are played. What a great idea! :banghead::cussing:

Definitely the right thing to do, if you want more visitors.

These days Thailand is becoming totally unpredictable. Things happen without any reason, nobody knows why they happen. This counts for the nightlife and even worse for business here.

Thailand is f***ing up big time. Thanks to Toxin.

I suspect it will get worse before its gets better. We are in the middle of a major political battle where serious money is at stake, and I suspect somebody - who doesn't give a damn about Thailand or its future - is flexing his muscles.

Gadfly1 said:

I suspect it will get worse before its gets better. We are in the middle of a major political battle where serious money is at stake, and I suspect somebody - who doesn't give a damn about Thailand or its future - is flexing his muscles.

Agreed, but it's not only somebody doesn't give a damn, but most of the players involved. ::

Archived