Longest walk you have done in Bangkok

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well walking is indeed the ONLY way to discover the neighbourhoods of krung thep & I just like to explore ;)

I suppose the one night where this mad girl & me ended up walking from my apt. in pratunam near bayoke II & most of the way to her apt. in paknam(sukhumvit RD!), samut prakan was a walk to remember :banghead:

Actually I think we ended up taxi'ing it a bit past the bang na junction :cover:

But these days even the walk from gulliver to soi cowboy is too long :hubba:

I walk from Suk Soi 19 to MBK shop then to Pantip Plaza shop Then back to the Honey for a swim lost 3KG I think, I did this every morning for 3 days. In Pattaya at night because I hate the Bart Buses I hire a bike foe 150bhat a day do not drive at night unless I am with a Thai Girl I catch the Bart bus and pay local prices. I could walk sometimes from Walking street up to Soi 2 2nd Road sometimes beach road sometime 2nd road or the other way

I have no idea what my longest walk is - I've done Suthisarn to Saladaeng - but my longest stagger, in spirit if not distance, was during my first Bangkok trip a decade ago. As a backpacker, spent the evening in Patpong getting blind drunk(had not yet discovered Nana, etc - that would take two more days...) , and then started staggering to my guesthouse, at Khao Sarn. At some point I was completely lost and blind drunk in the middle of the night, and apparently lay down to rest under a bench. I woke up in the bright, hot morning rush hour, looking out from under the bench at the feet of commuters waiting for a bus. Two only-in-Thailand aspects: my passport and cash were still in my pocket, and when I crawled out from under the bench, hardly anyone even glanced at me, they just kept on with their day's commute, ignoring the drunk farang peeling himself off the pavement....

:topic:

i know not BKK but my 1st Night in Patong i turned left out of the Patong Beach Hotel and walked until the end of Beach Road.

nothing special and turned around and walked along the Road until nothing around.

was joined by a Scottish Guy who asked where the Girlie Bars were........... ::...........was my reaction.

we walked the length of Beach Road again and turned around and finally turned up Sawadirak and walked to the traffic lights.

was finally asked where we could find Girls and were directed to Bangla.

i had walked past the Beach end of Bangla 3 times and missed it............... :doah::banghead:

wasted around 2 Hours on my first Night............

how about shortest walk?.

first Day in BKK and looked at the Map and thought that the Grand Palace didn't look too far from the Amari Atrium......... :o

got about 50 Yards from the Hotel before i hailed a Taxi..........and then the Barstard took me to the wrong place and dropped me off and me not knowing where i was........

I used to stay Ekamai @ New Petichuri .. other side of Klong bridge, behind the 7-11

an evening walk to Soi Cowboy was not unusual ..

arrive sweaty, BG, "You sweaty."

me, "Discount if I'm not sweaty?"

BG, "Laugh"

.. every f'n time!

walkers understand walking .. non-walkers think we're crazy.

walkin' for the sake of walkin'

sunday mornings in Sukhumvet are sureal

the area from the "Soi 33 art bars" toward San Saep offers some beautiful early AM ( pre 7:30 am) wandering walks.

& you wander & still always end up on Sukhumvet or New Petchiburi..

The narrow alley like curvey Sois become dangerious once Bangkok arises.

the area behind the Mongri Hotel in Chiang Mai (old city) is a maze .. although a relatively small area you can wander for extended periods there, bouncing off the moat & back into the maze

+ with the moat as a boundry / landmark you can always find your way back to the Tai Pao (sp?) gate / tourist central

sidewalks with no vendors & no thorough fares = reasonable safety

Archived