Longest walk you have done in Bangkok

I can combine two threads into one. Besides my walking from Amari Boulevard to the end of Silom (and back), on my first trip to Bangkok, I wanted to take a the canal from Amari Watergate to the Grand Palace area. I got on boat and about halfway there, everyone gets off and they tell me to get off (that was the end of the line for that boat). I walked two hours in the general direction of the Grand Palace but never found it and took a taxi back. Still not knowing about taking the boat to the G.P. from Central Pier, I took one of the the taxi's lined up in from of the Amari Boulevard, where I was staying, saw the Grand Palace and a few other things and about 4:30 decided to take a Tut-tut back to the Amari. It took about 90 minutes and I got to breathe its fumes and the fumes of every nearby vechile on the way back.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly I'll point out that I'm 58 next month and if I was game to get on the scales I'd have to be 120kg.

I walk every where I go in BKK, every trip I go from the Federal in Soi 11 to the book shop near Soi 33 and back, I've walked from the Federal to the Indra Regent a dozen times. The Australian embassey to the Holiday Inn and back to Patpong a couple of times. Am I an excercise freak? I hate arguing with taxi drivers over the meter and when I come to a skytrain station it's "just one more stop." and then "nearly there now, what's the point". I used to indecisive but can't make my mind up whether I am or not now. :dunno:

Dumsoda said:
Flashermac said:

I know a certain individual who took a taxi from the Nana Hotel to NEP ...

:rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Can just imagine the driver.....No meter.....very far...big traffic....500 Baht O.K.????

I thought the driver might pull out of the carpark, say he can't stop because of the traffic, and turn bac into the carpark... 500baht please..

chelseafan said:

The longest walk is the one where you really really need a shit and there's not a toilet in site......

AMEN TO THAT

drogon said:

Yes, one day I was on sukhumvit soi 2, skytrain not working.

traffic jam => i refuse to take moto taxi

=> had to walk wearing tie and suit up to sukhumvit soi 24.

I lost maybe 2kg doing that.......

Call that a walk?

Pah! I spit on your walk and raise you Charoen Krung to Pantip.

Mind you it was a lovely cool winters sunday morning when they closed Silom for those artist markets. A nice way to spend a couple of hours and I didnt notice the distance.

Archived