Longest walk you have done in Bangkok

Nana to Soi 33 in Bangkok.

But in wider LOS it was trekking up Preah Vihear in the midday sun, faaarrrrkk! I was dripping buckets.

In Cambodia it was a trek up Pre Rup temple, I sat down at the top and tourists and locals alike came over to see if I was dead yet...

In Laos I got lost one afternoon and must have covered 10k or so before I gave up and caught a bus back to town.

Coss

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walked from soi 22 to soi 4 a number of times over the years. A long walk in the heat, but if you walk slowly like a Thai, follow the shade, and grab a water to take along from the nearest 7/11, it ain't so hard or bad to do.

Walk like a silly farang in a rush/hurry though (like I see many farang do) and you'll end up soaking in your sweat and verging on heatstroke. Slow it down, and enjoy the views and possible experiences, laughs and interesting things you'll see along the way.

When I was just in Thailand ('99) I walked all the way from Siam Square to Thong Lo once as I wanted to explore Sukhumvit.

Last year when I was out of money I had an appointment for possible work once on Sukhumvit at the Sheraton. Walked there from my home at Huai Kwang and back after the meeting. They asked me why I was so hot and sweaty ..... work never panned out though :(

simon, wow nice story cant believe noone commented till now including myself :cover:

so how is everything these days? :)

cheers :beer:

Simon doesn’t post here much, but is well known on number of Thai forums. I think you will find that he has had a very interesting almost 4 years since that post.

TH

Archived