The silence treatment (once again)

drogon

I would like to know what you think about that?

How do u deal with it?

How to avoid it without allowing her everything?

I once again ask for advices but this time I will follow them.

(if they are wise)

These questions are adressed to people living/dealing with this problem.

Thx

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This phenomenon is quite common, and generally occurs at the least expected moment and often is caused by nothing you do.

In my case I have have a very stubborn streak and can play the silent treatment too and can spend a whole day ignoring her if she wants to play silly beggars.

Invariably I give in once its bedime and the making up after a non existant row can be quite fun.

I think its a mistake to try and understand these behaviours as they are often based on mood rather than anything substantive so are best ignored.

If you have been a bad boy just grovel and buy her her some gold.

JP

I ve experienced that so many times that I just laugh at it now. Its so predictable that behaviour.

I dont mean that I laugh at her, but just an inward laugh of, here we go again.

Why do they do it? Not sure...could be a number of reasons. Some girls can be ultra-sensitive and you may have inadvertently said something to upset her. When the silence is finally broke, ask if you done anything.

If not, ask if she is ok, or is anyone or anything bothering her to cause this.

Patience is the name of the game in these situations. YOu dont want to push the matter and get frustrated because this will easily put her over the edge because she is already in a bad mood.

I think the best way is to deal with is to wait until things are normal again and you are having a nice time. Be tactful. Just tell her you worry when she is silent and you want her to be ok. Ask her what was wrong when she is in a good mood again.

If you havent done anything wrong and she becomes nasty, just go out and meet a friend or to a bar and relax. This will most likely piss her off. But you can't become a doormat either. Your phone will ring and you will get an sms saying where are you or something to that effect.

Then say your prepared to listen if shes not going to be nasty again. If she plays ball then listen to her with an open heart.

If she becomes sulky and nasty with you again. Just stay out all night. The least said the sooner mended.

Lifes to short to have to deal with pointless shit from your girl. If you havent done anything wrong, then stay cheerful until she comes around. Make sure she knows that you can t be manipulated. Tears are a great weapon.

Just be calm the whole time,and never shout or say anything hurtful to her. Be respectful, but firm. If you ask her whats wrong and she doent tell you, the shes using your emtions to try and manipulate you in some way. DOn t play this game. Just disappear out for the night. Your not prepared to sit in your condo with a heavy atmosphere and no conversation. Get out and forget it.

She ll come around, believe me. I ve found that most girls need me more than I need them. Don t be compromised.

Don t mean that to sound arrogant, but I m happy with my own company also, and can content myself by myself,or with a few friends.

I'll wait the she approach me again, then say that not talking is a childish way of punishment I will not accept. Explain that if something is wrong she can just say what and we talk about it.

It happened a bit at first but she have stopped now.

PS at first she then sulked and said she might just as well go home and I then say that it's her choice. I want her to stay but will not accept 'threats'.

It's just a game, a game to punish and get controll, and at least my wife know she is playing it, and had no problem stopping it when it did not work.

Silent treatment...then when she talks, and you ask what is wrong, she says "...well, you should know..." and the argument goes on. My ex used to pull that shit...which is one reason she is my ex...when she pulled it, I just went out, and sometimes stayed out, when I returned and she asked where I was, I said "none of your damned busines..." some get a clue, some don't, but NEVER play their game!

Frankly dude, you need to dump this woman, and regain control...too many women in BKK/the world, and you will have no problem replacing her...and she needs to know that you know this. So send her the message!

hehehe.. rings true big time..

The universal constant - women think men are mind readers.

My friend did this to me the other week - "Haven't you noticed I get a bit arsey when the place is a mess?" Fcuk.. just say so you dumb idiot... but they don't.. they write it down on that little notepad in their head, with all the other things you do wrong... then a few weeks later you leave the milk out or something and KABOOM!!1! :)

Archived