Your most expensive bar tab?

Pescator

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine was 12K in Misty's a gogo in Pattaya. When you get a big checkbin like those discussed, call the manager and say

a) you'll write a check.... or

B) pop in and pay it in the morning.

The resultant horrified facial expression is well worth while.

If you don`t mind me reviving an old thread. If you mind? Sue me ;)

I worked up another all time high bar tap in - of all places - Koh Chang last year.

Although it was late december, there were few guest around in Khlong Phrao.

Just opposite our hotel there was this tiny bar constructed mostly of bamboo.

Despite the modest size there were 4 thai women working in there, all well beyond their shelf life.

In this etablissment, there were like 8 chairs. One of which was continuosly occupied by a swedish guy, who during the 8 days we stayed there never left the chair as far as I could tell.

Throughout our stay he was convinced that I was british. I didn`t have the heart to tell him that I was a fellow scandinavian as he also prided himself in being able to tell where people came from.

I am, however, sure that this mistake about my nationality was based on his stage rather than on my eloquent english.

Well, anyway. As the missus retired into our room to watch yet another Lakon/soap as soon as dusk set in, I decided to hit the bar.

As it was within 100 metres from our room and all of the luvlies were like 10 years older than the missus. She had no objections.

Now, the luvlies might not have been young, nor pretty, but they were damn fun ... and thirsty.

So was the swedish guy needless to say.

They knew I was not going to pick any of them up - they had already met "the one who must be obeyed" (credits to Rumpole aka Leo McKern at the Old Bailey Court for that expression) so it seemed to me that they just enjoyed themselves.

Swedish guy was not going to pick anyone up either, I doubt if he ever got off the bar stool. Nice guy, nevertheless.

Only the manager was a local Koh Chang resident. Rest of the luvlies were "dang jangwat" Isan/Neua.

Still interesting to listen to their tales, once they realized I was not a trick/john. They let totally go and told me very intimate stuff = not a happy ride.

Amazing, how some thai people open up to a foreigner, just because he speaks the lingo.

I never really understood that.

Back to bar tap. I planted my skinny butt at the bar stool at around 7 pm. At

3 am, we all agreed to call it a day.

Bill arrived, 7.000 baht.

I only had like 3.000 baht and suggested I go to an atm.

Mai Dtong, glap ma jai prung nee gor dai, mai pen rai.

I could just wait until tomorrow to settle the bill.

Samut wah khun pen kon thai, rao rap mai day, rao dtong toh maa haa dtam ruat. Khon thai suan mark mai sue sat.

If you were thai, we would have to call the police, as we dont consider most thai people reliable.... :(

How sad is that?

Mine was in Beijing last year.

Luckily I didn't pay it, but a work contact there took his staff (7 people), myself and 12 other of our Aussie staff out for drinks at a LAVISH karaoke parlour called "The Polo Theatre".

The "hostesses" at this establishment were drop-dead gorgeous if you like the Chinese look (and I'm not just saying that... they were EASILY the hottest girls I have EVER seen in the one building), and we had "Room 888" - the most lavish karaoke room in the place (which had over 200 rooms mind you) and our room was 2 floors and had full-sized pool table, plasma tv's, amazing sofas and were decorated in a very decadent style.

The brought bottles of Heinekens in on trays (which were put on the bill regardless if they were opened or not - if they were in the room, you paid for it!), bottles of White Wine (cheap Hardy's plonk from Oz that you can buy for $10 per bottle here), and Johnnie Blue as well as mixers.

The beers were $15 USD *EACH*, the wine $100 USD *PER BOTTLE* and the Johnnie $450 *PER BOTTLE*.

I asked my GM the next day who was next to our host when the bill was paid, and he told me it was the equivalent of $5000 USD.

Not bad for 3 hours work!

As I said, I have *NEVER* seen so many stunning looking women working at the one establishment. Obviously a very hi-so Chinese hang-out.

The theme was in no way prostitution, but a Chinese colleague in the room told me that the girls were "available subject to negotiation" and usually that ended up being 3000 CNY or $500 USD for all night.

One of the most amazing nights I've ever experienced.

My new friend the manager was having a hard time to locate the right digits on the calculater, but came up with a 6k figure and asked if that was okay.cheers

hua nguu

I would run 6k regular in NEP go-gos, at Soi 33 with one or 2 mates on business, tha tabs would go beyond 10k. One the higest I paid was in upscale thai joints with bills going beyond 40k....this is nothing compared to Beijing Karokes....blowing upward 60 to 70k.

Glad still working at top position where the tab is on exp a/c....

cheers

If I've broken the 2000 baht barrier, I certainly don't remember it.

Last night was a typical "better to go out and look at nekkid girls instead of watching tv" night--first bar, 45 baht, second bar 205 baht (one beer, one lady drink), third bar, 70 baht, fourth bar, 180 baht (two beers and a lady drink), fifth bar 110 baht, sixth bar 65 baht. Add in another couple hundred in tips, and I still didn't break a thousand all in.

If I've broken the 2000 baht barrier, I certainly don't remember it.

Last night was a typical "better to go out and look at nekkid girls instead of watching tv" night--first bar, 45 baht, second bar 205 baht (one beer, one lady drink), third bar, 70 baht, fourth bar, 180 baht (two beers and a lady drink), fifth bar 110 baht, sixth bar 65 baht. Add in another couple hundred in tips, and I still didn't break a thousand all in.

LOL, then we couldn't be more different! I can't remember the last time I had a bar bill *under* B2000 :dunno::elephant::yay:

Hey, wait a minute. You've hung out with Dumsoda. Your statement can't possibly be true LOL! :rotl::rotl:

Archived