Your most expensive bar tab?

Pescator

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4k+, several times in Afterskool...and contrary to the "service" many would get with that amount of cash, I got no such thing...hahaha, they're my buds in there, I don't do anything with them but buy them drinks...

also, they don't do the "tequila + coke chaser" scam on me, I ONLY buy them tequila shots...so 4k is a lot of fucking drinks, many hours...plus, I always get 2-3 beers bought for me by the girls in there as well.

wouldn't trade a second of it, though...I love those girls. salt of the earth. and they'd do anything for me (and yeah, I have had a night or two of drinking in there without buying ANY drinks for the girls, just bringing them presents from the homeland of Cambodia, so there...)

• 5 months later...

My few years in Hong Kong were the best thing that ever happened to my girls in Thailand -- after the HK payscale, whatever happens in Thailand is peanuts, monopoly money, nothing to worry about. Trying to take a Bkk-Pattaya lifestyle and replicate it in HK was liking busting a hole in the bottom of my Hang Seng account - the money just poured silently through, and where it ended up, nobody really knows (though I suspect there have been a surprising number of small public works projects suddenly emerging in Sukhothai, Nong Khai, and Udon Thani...). Good thing I got out of HK when I did, I'm not sure I could have sustained that much longer - financially, physically, ethically... The old Thai girls in Hong Kong's loss, is the Bkk girls' gain -- and now I can afford a meal now and then that doesn't come from 7-11...

YimSiam

Picture yourself at Monet, buying drinks for your regular and her friends*. Then you pay bar for a half dozen of her really best friend co-workers to go out for a meal and enjoy some nightlife.

You're [color:red]20K in the hole[/color] before you even get started.

Not that I've ever done it.

*everyone in the bar

-> not 20k (at Monet soi 33): counting 8 people

(6 "friends" +1 real sister and the regular)

you are able to negotiate a deal with the mamasan for about 12k (provided you already spent some time in the bar + "thanked' preferably with a 1k bill the mamasan)

of course you still have to pay for the taxis + food + drinks at various Thai discos + after hour places

The only excuse for this sad (afterwards when having sober thoughts) move is the foursome you got + the happy smile thanks to having found the fittest, cutest 34 years old Thai BG (greeting hostess at money in fact)

Vergie not fantasizing, most assuredly. Been there done that with him amongst the wrecking crew back in the day.

Just last week, a few friends ran up a B42k bar tab in a Wash Sq-like establishment. Totally legit. Bins were accounted for LOL! I'm just sad I was not involved...

Archived