PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugger. Missed a big chance to close the gap this week. :thumbdown:

When I read that Rafa was going to make loads of changes and I thought Drogba might be rested, I almost decided to bring in Sambo for Agger and Keane for Drogba. But 4 changes in a week seemed a bit much.

Instead, my entire defence seemed to get rested, dropped or injured and McCarthy somehow managed to get just 1 point as Blackburn scored 4 goals. :(

I'm sure things had workerd out differently for you had you transferred them out. Sambo would have been sent off and Keane a few own goals. :)

IMO the inconsistency level in general is much higher this season than previous ones which makes harder to predict who is and isn't going to be a good fantasy player.

Anyways, 4th ain't so bad :D

.. he says smugly after picking Adebayor (12 points) as his captain. :smirk:

How did you do that? I had Adebayor for ages in preparation for that Arsenal double-game and he did nothing for me. So I get fed up, sell him and suddenly he picks up. :cussing:

Logically, I couldn't see a justification for keeping him when there were so many good strikers out there in better form (and four or five have a double-game coming up). But somehow it worked for you. :dunno::(

The major problem for me right now is that there are no good defenders left and you have to play 3 of them. Meanwhile, I've got too many attacking choices to fit into too few places.

Before this week, I was thinking of fitting in Keane and Berbatov and swapping Drogba for Terry. Now Carvalho's injured, Chelsea look like they're kind of giving up the league anyway and Agger's rested half the time.

All the choices are in the attacking places. Viduku would be an interesting choice in the last games of the season (which are always odd). Similarly, you could see a Reading striker suddenly scoring a ton of points. But that 3 defender rule this season has really cramped my style. :thumbdown:

They do a dream team but that only shows the best players given unlimited money. I'd like to see the best team this season given the budget. I'm not sure it would even have any strikers in it.

Logically, I couldn't see a justification for keeping him when there were so many good strikers out there in better form (and four or five have a double-game coming up). But somehow it worked for you.

He had to play since Henry and Persie were injured and being an Arsenal striker you'll get plenty of opportunities to score goals, more than the average EPL team. So I figured he'd get his points, besides, I didn't want any more point-deductions.

He will need to be transfered out for coming gameweek though :)

The major problem for me right now is that there are no good defenders left and you have to play 3 of them. Meanwhile, I've got too many attacking choices to fit into too few places.

The defence sure is a major problem. Halfway the season I changed my tactics and wasted a few points to get 3 top defenders as they were getting more points than other players. Things didn't turn out as planned and I wasted a few more points to get back to my original tactics.. 3 crap defenders.

Only thing I do differently, unlike previous seasons, is waiting with transfering out until last day. Oftentimes more expensive as value goes up, but players picking up injuries late in the gameweek is a pain in the ass.

Archived