PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team will be comprised of attacking players who love to go forward, including my defenders. Tip of the day:Bellamy might not be the fantasy monster people expect as Rafa would like all three(Fowler, Bellamy, Crouch)of his strikers to get 10+ goals. Due to Rafa's rotation system, Bellamy may not get more than 15 goals. Stay away. Gamst-Pedersen had a career year last year(9 goals and 10 assists). I doubt if he'll totally repeat it. Same thing with Lampard. No way will he knock in 16 goals and have 10 assists this year. Reading's Kevin Doyle could be the next Bent/ Andy Johnson who doesn't miss a beat from the Championship.

i think you are wrong about Bellamy.

i think he will play much more than Fowler who unless he has worked hard in the Summer will be the Player he was last Season.

short of pace and looking like a Player who is on the downward slope.

Bellamy is an ideal Liverpool Player,just like Keegan,Rush and Dalglish in their prime.

pacy,takes up good positions and can make a Goal for himself.

i think he will be a good Player for them.

if he does score 15 Goals then not a bad reward as only Gerrard and Cisse scored more than that last Season.

i think that Gerrard will have the same sort of Season that you think Lampard will have.

Gerrard has has 2 Years of almost non-stop Football and another one on the way with Liverpool having to start the Season next Week in the CL.

fatigue will surely catch up with him and he might find himself rested for Games which has VERY rarely happened in the past.

as it is i have neither Lampard or Gerrard in my Team but i will have Bellamy.

All I'm saying is if you're going to use 10 mill on a striker, he had better score 20 or more goals. It's no secret Rafa likes to use a rotation with his strikers. Collins John of Fulham, Dean Ashton of West Ham, and Doyle of Reading will knock in at least 15 goals, and they're 6.5 mill, 7.0 mill, and 6.5 mill respectively.

Doyle rotates with Kitson and Lita, and Ashton will rotate with Harewood, Cole, and Zamora. All I'm saying is if you're going to pay over 10 mill in the EPL fantasy league for a striker, he had better score more than 20 goals. You can get 15 goal strikers for a lot cheaper price which will enable you to upgrade other positions. Yakubu is another striker who will get 15 or more goals and is cheaper at 8.5 mill. If assist machine Downing stays healthy, he could hit for 20+. Although I think Bellamy will get good service from Gerrard and Alonso, Rafa likes to rotate his strikers. It's also no secret that Rafa is courting striker Dirk Kuyt in the transfer market, which will further cut into Bellamy's minutes.

no Player is guaranteed to score 20+ Goals a Season.

Henry has done it the last few Years but who can say wether he will do it again?.

and Shevchenko has the credentials but he might find the PL different to Italy.

some of the Players you mention are not prolific Goalscorers and i doubt will get anywhere near top Goalscorer for the Season.

i guarantee my 3 starting Strikers will get at least 50+ Goals between them this Season.

i'd be quite happy with that.

and to do that you HAVE to score 20+

i can't see anyone from Reading or West Ham getting near.

i still think that you have to include a proven Goalscorer in your Team.

someone who has done it year-in,Year-out.

BTW.

we are slacking,just over half the entrants compared to last Season.

with 2 Weeks to go before the Season starts we need People to get their fingers out and sign up.

let's try and beat last Season's total of 27.

John scored 11 goals in 1634 minutes last year. Most first team strikers play at least 2800 minutes. Bent, in comparison, played 3160 minutes and had 18 goals. He will also be partnered with JFH, which should take some of the pressure off him and prevent another slump this season. Henry scored 27 goals last year in EPL action, and is as automatic as they come barring injury. Stuart Downing was injured most of the year last year which affected Yakubu, who still had 13 goals in 2581 minutes. Rooney won't get more than 20 because being the link player means most of his goals will have to be spectacular, but you never know with a talent like Rooney. Two years ago, Andy Johnson had 21 goals for Crystal Palace, but a lot of those came on penalty kicks. He will also be paired up front with accomplished striker Beatty. There is always a player who advances from the Championship with his club and finds the net as often in the EPL as he did in the Championship. IMHO, Doyle from Reading has the best chance to make a splash along with possibly King from Watford. I also think Reading has a chance to stay up.

Archived