PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

don't worry about it Ultras.

i picked my first Team on the Day after the WC Final and so far i have made 67 changes,i like to tweak my Team everyday.

with 2 Weeks to go i will happily play everyday and change my Team everyday.

it's great being able to do it while you can and before Points are lost.

i'll still start with a shite Team i expect....... :grinyes:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it's all about balance. It's a mistake to try to pick the "hot" players, overpay for their services and then weaken yourself at other positions.

Two years ago it was Everton... everyone wanted Cahill on their team and the defenders were getting clean sheets left and right. Last year, till mid season, it looked like Everton might get dropped to the Champions League and Cahill was a shadow of his old self... as were others like Ochoka, Scholes,Riise to name just a few.

Is Doyle going to lead Reading to glory? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. Not with Reading having Kitson and Lita.

And will someone PLEASE give me their best guess on who the 4 starting midfielders will be for Chelsea on opening Day. My best guess is Lampard, Ballack, Cole and Makelele. Which will leave Robben, Essien, Wright-Phillips and Mikel sitting on the bench... Christ no wonder Duff wanted out.

I've reworked my team a hunred different times and with 2 weeks till the start of the season I'm guessing that I'll rework it a couple of dozen more. But my plan to to stock my team with quality, at a decent value and the expectations that most of them will play 90 minutes a game week after week.

Fingers crossed,

Shilo

Makelele will definitely start, as he is the key to Chelsea's defense

As for which promoted striker from the Championship has the best chance to succeed Johnson and Bent and will find the goal in the Premiership to be the same one they routinely found in the League Championship. Marlon King or Doyle, for my money. Possibly Lita, but he seems a bit too raw right now imo, plus his injury could hurt his early-season form. Kitson just seems like a good Championship striker who hit a purple patch last season; I can't see him fully cutting it as a Premiership player tbh. Another striker to consider is King's partner Darius Henderson at Watford. King played quite a few more games last year than did Henderson. They have a pretty similar strike rate....plus Henderson takes penalties which is always a plus...And for Sheffield United? Don't hold your breath: we've seen Geoff Horsfield before in the Premiership, and like him better in the Championship.

I think that it's all about balance. It's a mistake to try to pick the "hot" players, overpay for their services and then weaken yourself at other positions.

Agreed!

That's what I'm going to do unlike the previous edition where I had VERY CRAPPY defenders..now they're just a little crappy :)

And will someone PLEASE give me their best guess on who the 4 starting midfielders will be for Chelsea on opening Day. My best guess is Lampard, Ballack, Cole and Makelele. Which will leave Robben, Essien, Wright-Phillips and Mikel sitting on the bench... Christ no wonder Duff wanted out.

I doubt it.

3 CM and one winger.

I go for Lampard, Essien, Robben and Cole.

Wright-Phillips and Mikel are subs and Ballack will be brought in slowly regardless his big name.

Unless Mourinho goes for 5 mids..then Ballack is in.

3 defs + Essien as defensive midf. that's how I would do it :up:

Just entered the 'I know the score' competition, which runs simultaneously with the EPL prediction League.

If you want to joinm you have to register here the code to enter the privat league 'thai 360' is 620O-TYUP.

C U there.

PS I played this last year and thought it was great fun.

Archived