06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

CS,

Were you referring to Glenn Helder? Former Vitesse, played one season at Highbury, made one goal there as well.

Disappeared from the scene,had serious gambling problems and ended up being suicidal!

Amazing talent though. I saw him play for Vitesse and it was awesome, he's the reason I became an Arsenal fan.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaad said:

CS,

On another note...IMO Arsenal is too dependent on Henry.

Can't disagree with that. I'm hoping van Persie matures and becomes the kind of striker that van Basten thinks he is. We need to spread the goals around. Rosicky may score a few as well.

Zaad said:

Villa obviously has other aims in mind since it's a smaller club.

Zaad, do you think its time for Doug Ellis to go? He's trying to unload the club isn't he? I saw on sky sports here where he's upset that players are complaining about the belt tightening at the club. He's cutting expenses. Is he preparing the club for a sale?

I have to also admit that I'm not one of O'Leary's biggest fans. I think he's played the most matches ever for Arsenal but he seems to have a slight disdain against us with some little comments over the years. I can't understand why. A lot of gooners on the forums I go to feel the same.

limbo said:

CS,

Were you referring to Glenn Helder? Former Vitesse, played one season at Highbury, made one goal there as well.

Disappeared from the scene,had serious gambling problems and ended up being suicidal!

Amazing talent though. I saw him play for Vitesse and it was awesome, he's the reason I became an Arsenal fan.

Really? No, i was referring to Pennant and Bentley who both had off pitch issues but were very talented youth players.

I thought Bergkamp was the reason. Most dutch gooners I met (over the age of 30 or 35) say Bergkamp and Irish gooners say Liam Brady made them a gooner.

The_Munchmaster said:
sayjann said: ....... same as the PL,MU would be above Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool if the entire history is taken into account......

Well above Liverpool, coz they've never won the PL. :rotfl: Ain't that so Teddy :neener:

This is what the Champions League Trophy looks like Munchy. Never seen at Highbury in its entire history, although if you want to see it i'll arrange a tour of Anfield's trophy room for you if you like as we have one for keeps ::

Champions%20League%20Cup-762544.jpg

555...........good one.

wish i knew how to post a photo,i have forgotten.......... :doah:

but i do have a photo in the archives and posted here in the past of ME with 3 TROPHIES.

i think they are known as the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY,THE PREMIER LEAGUE TROPHY and some little one known as THE FA CUP.

want me to send you the photo?.............

but just remember Teddy,that Trophy is not the original.

some other Teams have won it 5 times before and you only have a copy........... :neener:

whereas MU have the ORIGINAL PL Trophy is on display at Old Trafford.

i know i have held it in my hands................ :chili:

just remember,all you losers are trying to win a Trophy which is a COPY................... :grinyes:

CS,

You mentioned a Dutchie so I too thought you were refering to Helder.

You're right about v. Persie and Rosicky. These guys can play but I doubt they're big enough to carry a team when Henry's out. Enough time to grow as they're both young but they need consistency, confidence and tactics to their advantage in order to bring out the best in them.

For Henry, no problem with the current style, Rosicky...we shall wait and see what Wenger has in mind along with his position on the pitch and tasks with it, and v. Persie..if he keeps showing such performances on a weekly basis he could very well be Arsenal's future Henry :up:

But as I stated earlier, an Henry-less Arsie side (as last season) looked vulnerable and it looked as though opponents could smell the blood and got some sort of extra motivation to get points against them. Unlike the other big teams.

Go on then, let me see it.

BTW, if ManU do have a CL Trophy in their trophy room it must be a replica. They only let you keep an original if you win it 5 times, so only Real Madrid, AC Milan and ourselves have an original. ManU have only won it twice :neener:

Archived