06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i admit i do not watch German Football and didn't know much about Ballack but did know of his reputation.

but i just wasn't impressed with him in the WC.

i know he was carrying an injury which stifled him a little but i just hope he performs for Chelsea like he did in the WC.

that's if he plays regularly in the PL,he is vying for a place against other good Players and i don't think he'll play Week-in,Week-out.

not my choice to buy him,obviously the heirachy at MU saw something in him 3 Years ago.

he has improved with age and i expect a lot of work at MU but i still think he's a luxury.

he has talent but at the moment fails to utilise it.

for me he doesn't produce very much on the pitch.

he is selfish,wants to try all his tricks instead of remembering he has other Players around him,doesn't score enough Goals and is crap at free-kicks even though he thinks he's the world's greatest from 30 Yards............well he's not.

no secret there have been bust-ups with more than 1 Team-mate and i think a few of them are a little pissed with him.

i would like to see Park in his place.

more industrious,has a better engine,works with other Players better and deserves a run in the Team.

no secret that Fergie loves him and that is why he is in the Team,not for his work ethic.

and i don't like Players (whoever they are) who keep making statements like "i'll stay here for a while and then fancy playing for another Team in a couple of Years".

i know much of the talk is from the Media but if half of it is true than he can go.

if's true he was talking about going to Spain (before and during the WC and before any incident against England) then i say let him go.

and i would say the same about Rooney if he said he fancied playing for Chelsea in 5 Years.

if you mindset is not with the Team then forget him.

Ballack is a quality player. End of. If you judge a player by one competition then Henry is a waste if you judge him solely on the 2002 world cup at the time or the past Euro. The problem for Cnhelsea is that they have too many similar players in the middle of the pitch. Essien and Makelele, Ballack and Lampard. Of the latter, they may have the same problem England had with Lampard and Gerrard. Its Chelsea's to lose.

Not sure about the statement Man Yoo are the only ones trying to bring youth through. Arsenal fielded the most youth players into the first team last season. There were times the average age of the back line was under 20. We've built a club on buying young quality players.

Ronaldo is a constant threat. As a rival supporter its obvious. He constantly threatens the opposition when he runs at them. The final result may be in question but he keeps opposition full backs at home to watch the store and sometimes takes 2 players with him when he makes runs which frees space for others. What he lacks is a team concept where he should use his skills with what's best for the team in mind. Wenger did it with Fabregas, who had the dribbling desease and got him to play one touch footie. I've read where he made Fabregas spend training allowing him only one touch no matter what and it seems to have paid off. We had a player similar in style to Ronaldo from Holland and he's gone because, amongst other things, he didn't play one touch footie.

I read where Pompey have 200 mil at their disposal. If spent the right way, they could be a UEFA quality team soon. Its easy to spend a couple hundred million and have nothing to show for it. Just ask Leeds.

Back to Man Yoo, Ronaldo is off. A friend of mine at the pub here and who's a man poo fan said he's long heard rumors that the players don't like Ronaldo and he wasn't happy. RVN could be off as well. If Man Yoo lose both, they are up the creek with out a paddle and will struggle. Fergie has to keep one of them and I think Ronaldo is the more important since Saha can offer some solace if RVN goes and with Rooney you always have a goal scoring threat up front, but no right wing if Ronaldo leaves. Park is good but I don't feel an adequate replacement. Asian players have not feared well in the EPL over time.

'Not sure about the statement Man Yoo are the only ones trying to bring youth through. Arsenal fielded the most youth players into the first team last season. There were times the average age of the back line was under 20. We've built a club on buying young quality players'

but that's my point.

you BUY a lot of young Players but not many are coming up through the ranks like in the old Days.

but Chelsea don't seem to be bringing any Players into the Game anymore.

just yesterday Arsenal BOUGHT 2 more teenagers.

compare this to MU.

they currently have a 1st Team Squad of 36 Players and 20 of those Players are the product of the Youth system and have been at the Club since they were around 13 Years old.

OK,i know most of them will only play a handful of Games or may never play for the 1st Team but they will go elsewhere and make a career for themselves.

MU's Youth Academy has produced 100's of Players in the 60 odd Years of it's existance.

and the biggest 'secret' of the Summer has finally been revealed.

RVN is off and it seems he is in Madrid chatting to Real.

why don't People just accept that i don't like Ronaldo?.

never have and never will.

not a Team Player and no good being marked by several Players if he doesn't pass the ball.

wanna swap him for Fabregas?.

'A friend of mine at the pub here and who's a man poo fan said he's long heard rumors that the players don't like Ronaldo and he wasn't happy'

fuck me Steve,where have you been for the last 6 Months?.

common knowledge Ronaldo is unpopular and held in comtempt by many.

'I read where Pompey have 200 mil at their disposal'

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i've been laughing all Day since i read that.

Mandaric hasn't even left yet and no way will the new owner be putting that kind of money into the Club.

Pompey have been talking of building a new Stadium for 25 Years and that will be the priority,that's if they don't talk about it for another 25 Years.

only this Week 5 targets have rejected moves to Pompey and i can see why.

they see a Club avoiding relegation every Season,the smallest ground in the PL and crappy facilities.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403237&CPID=21&clid=125&lid=2&title=Trio+relegated,+Milan+stay+up

i must admit i'm surprised.

i thought they would get away with it as they are big Teams.

i wonder how the seeding will work for the CL?.

Italian Teams are normally given 3 seed places and i wonder wether Inter or/and Roma will get seedings or will Teams from other Countries benefit?.

i know MU and the Arse are seeded but are Chelsea and Liverpool?.

if not they might get a decision which helps them.

Sayjann,

if's true he was talking about going to Spain (before and during the WC and before any incident against England) then i say let him go.

and i would say the same about Rooney if he said he fancied playing for Chelsea in 5 Years.

if you mindset is not with the Team then forget him.

Absolutely agree. If they aren't 100% with their current job then I too say let them go.

CS,

We had a player similar in style to Ronaldo from Holland and he's gone because, amongst other things, he didn't play one touch footie.

I think you're talking about Glen Helder who arrived from your Vitesse.

Sayjann,

I didn't expect Juve to go down either, but they did..and how? geez..it's looking like two years Serie B if they manage to keep their squad intact. Otherwise they'll stay there for the coming years.

Fiorentina down as well. Huge setback since their bankrupcy few years ago. How much more can a club and its fans take?

Don't mind about Lazio since I prefer the other Roman club :up:

These are the new (Italian) seedings:

Internazionale Champions League

AS Roma Champions League

Chievo 3rd qual. round Champions League

Palermo 3rd qual. round Champions League

Livorno UEFA Cup

Empoli UEFA Cup

Parma UEFA Cup

Btw, Inter are the new 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 champs :dunno:

sayjann said:

i know MU and the Arse are seeded but are Chelsea and Liverpool?.

if not they might get a decision which helps them.

Don't worry about Liverpool Sayjann, they are seeded by virtue of having a much better coefficient than either ManU or Arsenal, remember we won it two years ago ::

Here are the latest rankings:

http://europeancups.altervista.org/rankings/team%20ranking%202006.htm

but those rankings don't eflect how UEFA seed the Teams in the European Competitions.

UEFA take into account the previous 10 Seasons of the Competitions.

at the moment Liverpool and Arsenal are higher in that table than MU because they both reached the Final in the last 2 Seasons.

at one stage MU were the highest ranked Team in Europe because at the time they were the ONLY Team to reach the Q/F's every Season.

you would think that Teams winning the Championship in their Country would get a seeding,but look at Chelsea.

won the PL twice and still cannot dislodge the Arse and MU in the rankings.

look at that table and think to yourself............i know difficult for a Liverpool Supporter........

take out Milan and Juventus and if the top 16 were to be seeded then Newcastle would be a seed in the CL.

could you imagine Newcastle being seeded in this Season's CL?.

same as the WC.

at the time of the Draw England were raneked lower than Mexico and the USA.

therefore you would have expected one of them to get a seeding,but no..........England were a seed and the other 2 were designated a much lower seeding.

again FIFA rely on past records and not results in the last couple of Years.

Archived