06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

Zaad said:

CS,

You mentioned a Dutchie so I too thought you were refering to Helder.

I did mention a dutchie, it was a black guy we released last season, had an african surname, can't recall it right now. Reminded me of man yoo's Ronaldo.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teddy, I have to admit, I think Rafa is gonna shock a few folks. He knows how to build a team and he has more money than he did in Spain. He had a smidgen of what Real Madrid had to buy and he dealt with them very effectively. He needed a season or two to figure out englishtoofie but he's on the right track.

the CL trophy i held in my hands is the one you now keep.

i was at OT in July 1999 after we won the TREBLE.......... :chili:

what i found strange was that not only had MU's name not been engraved on the Trophy but neither had the 1998 Winners..........

and yes the Trophy which is currently on display is a copy.

but you do not have an original............ :shakehead

an original is the first one made,you have a copy of a copy of THE original Trophy.

we have the ORIGINAL PL Trophy in the Museum and what Chelsea have won is a COPY...........

Hope you're right CS, the Valencia team that he put together were superb tactically and they played Liverpool off the park at Anfield, probably one of the best performances by a European side at Anfield that I have seen. Rafa is slowly getting Liverpool playing in the same style but also taking into account the particular demands of the PL in terms of the more physical side.

If we don't win the PL this year I hope either Arsenal or ManU win it, but I think the key will be that the the top teams need to take points off Chelsea. They beat us home and away last year and if you reverse just those two results we would have been champions with 3 points more than Chelsea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League#All_Time_FA_Premier_League_Table

just to shut you losers up.................. :grinyes:

MU have'nt been that good recently in the PL but look at the ALL-TIME STATS................... :chili:

interesting...........

MU have won the most Games.

MU have lost the least amount of Games.

only Team to score over 1000 Goals.

8 Titles..........not bad.

the Arse win 3 times but Chelsea are catching them up quickly...........

the Arse seem to be the Team falling behind.......... :doah:

sayjann said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League#All_Time_FA_Premier_League_Table

just to shut you losers up.................. :grinyes:

MU have'nt been that good recently in the PL but look at the ALL-TIME STATS................... :chili:

:

Preston North End and Huddersfield have great all time stats in the old first division as well.

Its the hear and now that counts. And the truth is Man Yoo are looking as if they are going backwards. Owned by a yank who has saddled them with debt amongst other problems. Arsenal could easily find themselves being 4th or worse as well, so its not just man yoo. Liverpool looke the strongest of the clubs that can challenge Chelsea, and if reprots are true and Duff goes to scum, Tottenham may breach top 4 in the next couple seasons.

We have a lot of money coming in from the stadium and can outspend Man Yoo now, which I or any other gooner never thought we'd ever be saying.

Sayjann,

..but i'm saying that to judge a Team over 5 Seasons out of 12 is not accurate.

in the CL Arsenal and Liverpool are now ranked higher because they reached the Final in the last 2 Seasons.

but surely you can admit that if the whole history was taken into account then MU would be ranked higher.

I actually think it would reflect a way more realistic picture of a club to judge on a certain amount of years rather than a whole history.

Look at Uruguay for example..won the WC twice but that's the past. They're nowhere near favorites and doesn't give any fair reflection of their current play as lots has changed since then.

Same (although to a lesser extent) could be said for your Man U. Great history but their recent performances (compared to other topteams) aren't that great which means that they aren't developing themselves as most expected or hoped for.

Taking the whole history into account is a mere statistic whereas most people are more interested in a club's 'recent' development.

Archived