06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

Agreed. History doesn't win matches right now. Ask Chelsea.

Going off the past is what supporters can cling to when there is nothing going on right now. All the major clubs in England do it, we've done it to London clubs, Liverpool have held their division one title and European cup haul over Man Yoo's head since the PL started 14 years ago and Man Poo are now doing the same to some extent to Chelski and others who are encroaching on them.

Zaad, I have a very good friend at the pub who is a Villa supporter. He's a bit despondent at the moment. Any thing going into the season to cheer him up about? So far he just wants to win the derby against Brum and that will make his season.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403898&CPID=8&clid=7&lid=2&title=Villa+to+hold+inquiry

fun and games at your English Club Zaad...........

i disagree about the history aspect..........surprise,surprise.

that is why things happen,to be remembered.

what would be the point of doing things if they are forgotten after a few Years?.

i always think you are only as good as your last Trophy but winning something gets you put in the record books.

do we forget WW2 because it happened 60 Years ago and not recent history?.

Belem.

Chelsea maybe doing it again.

Duff might be off to Spurs at a loss.

if he does go then another example of Chelsea buying up Players to deny others and then sell them off at a loss later on.

Shevchenko is very overpriced in my opinion.

he will be vying for a place with Crespo and Drogba and i still think some of them will get pissed off.

but if Shevchenko stays for all his contract then Chelsea will lose all that money as he will be retiring.

Carrick has been rumoured to be a target for MU all Summer and the normal thing happened.

Spurs denied everything and said Carrick was not for sale,but we all know Money talks.

since the Italian scandal was resolved last Week the talk has been of MU taking Vieira on loan.

Fergie has long been an admirer and i would be :rotfl: if he did come to MU to replace Keano.

that would certainly piss off the Arse Fans if he signed for MU........... :yay:

but MU have had good news with 2 'new' Players coming back.

Scholes is back after 5 Months and looking sharp.

but Ole after 3 Years of injury problems is looking fantastic.

he looks hungary for action and looked good in Mu's 1st friendly of the Season,2 good Goals and looked liked he was relishing playing as a lone Striker.

BTW.

i'm off to Old Trafford for the Friendly against Seville in August............. :elephant:

Birthday present for my Mum who has wanted to see a Game at OT for Years.

only a Friendly and probably not the full Team playing but she just wants to experience the atmosphere of a Game.

quick edit...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5188368.stm

proves my point about history.

Chelsea have performed better than MU for the last couple of Years,but who is seeded???????????????.

even with Juve and Milan getting thrown out Chelsea STILL cannot get a seeding............

Arsenal and Liverpool need to qualify for the Group stages but they are still looked upon as better Teams.........

even if Juve and Milan are banned from the Compie then Chelsea will not be seeded...............

i'm gonna go to bed tonight laughing my socks off...........

Vieira at Man U. Now that is, perhaps, my worst Arsenal nightmare! Hell, maybe Ashley will join him there.

Sorry, Boss, 1 or 2 new players are not going to do it, Arsene.

And I agree that this campaign could potentially be a difficult one for Henry. Post CL and WC fatigue surely will be a factor at some point.

sayjann said: ...... but Ole after 3 Years of injury problems is looking fantastic. he looks hungary for action and looked good in Mu's 1st friendly of the Season,2 good Goals and looked liked he was relishing playing as a lone Striker.......

Don't get too excited about Ole, he'll probably stub his toe on his locker and be out for the rest of the season. ::

you leave Ole alone,he is a star.

his original Ligament injury was due to someone whipping his legs away from behind.

and when he was fully fit again towards the end of last Season a Middlesboro Player decided to use his elbow to smash Ole's cheekbone.

and he has the distinction of scoring the winning Goal in the CL Final against a German Team..........one of the best sights in Football.

did i ever mention i was there?.....................

Sayjann,

No need to forget history of course (I'm glad Benfica won the European Cup twice but lost the final 5 times) but taking it nito account to reflect the current progress of a club is unrealistic.

That's what the seeding is (should be) about and that's also why champions are seeded automatically. Because the deserve to defend their title for their achievement of the past year NOT what they've achieved ages ago.

CS,

Just remembered I forgot to answer your previous question about the Villa chairman. .. yeah well..I expected a few good names added to the squad , especially a midfielder or two. I guess the guy has faith in this team. And honeslty, doesn't look that bad if you see the names, Phillips, Baros, Angel Moore if the first three get more consistent and revelation Moore continues to grow then we could score some good goals.

With a bit of luck with could mange to get a Uefa ticket :)

Tell your friend that! :up:

Archived