06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

'that's also why champions are seeded automatically. Because the deserve to defend their title for their achievement of the past year'

but that's not the case is it?.

Liverpool won the CL in 04/05 and remember they weren't going to be allowed back into the Competition.

even when UEFA relented Liverpool had to qualify and were not seeded.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann it seems that UEFA have followed the cooeficients on the link that I posted earlier so the eight that go into Pot 1 will be Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Lyon, Arsenal, ManU and Valencia. If AC Milan and Juventus had not been thrown out ManU would have been slumming it in Pot 2 with the likes of Chelsea, how the mighty have fallen.

Watched ManU v Orlando Pirates the other night (we have South African sat TV in Dubai), Ole looked good but I think he is probably passed it now to get a regulat first team place, maybe useful coming off the bench though. That other striker of yours looks a bit of a dick though, what's his name Dong. I think you should sign Ledley King and play him up front, most defences would be fearful of tackling a forward line of KING DONG but it may bring a smile to Sol Campbell's face. ::

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403942&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=3&title=Jose:+We+won't+be+fit+for+Reds

whatever drugs he is on i would like some.............

some poor Chelsea Players will only have a 6 Week holiday before the Season starts.......my heart bleeds.

so no other Team will suffer from having Players in the WC?.

has he not thought of the Liverpool Players who had an 11 Month Season last Season and will be starting their CL Games before the Charity Shield.

i would imagine some of them might be tired.

Teddy.

MU would have been seeded regardless.

UEFA's criteria is how successful a Countries Teams have been in the last 10 Years.

with MU,Liverpool and Arsenal reaching the Final in recent Years England has a good rating.........just a shame that Arsenal had to spoil it.

France haven't a great record in the CL recently and Lyon would have dropped out.

and Inter haven't pulled up many trees recently...........

and MU have already been told they will be seeded.........big Team in UEFA's eyes.

just a pity they were pure shite last Season.............

don't know much about Dong.

i know he was on loan in Belguim or Holland last Season and will be returning this Season.

he hasn't even got a Pro contract yet.

MU took it easy after the 4th Goal and it a little disappointing in the end.

Ole will be alright,met him once and such a nice Fella and of course will be at the Club for many Years (hopefully) after being told he can join the Backroom Staff when he retires from playing.

i hear rumours that Rossi might go out on loan,i hope not.

i like him and he is improving and a good outlet to have on the bench.

he will only get better by being with better Players.

Sayjann

what suffering from the world cup?

they are full time pros who are training 4 hours a day and playing 90 minutes 2 times a week! Thatfore they get 10 millions per year!

They arent suffering!

In my high times I am working 18 hours a day and therefore I can afford more!

There are sports where people earn way less and work way harder.

Especially Chelseas who has such a huge top notch bench should be the least who complain.

The most Chelsea players didnt came so far in the world cup anyways except Ballack :)

Good he is at the team, maybe he can show Lampard how to shoot from the spot kick

nah,now they have lost Ballack they are nothing to anyone outside Munich.

i hope he plays the same way for Chelsea as he did in the WC...........he was shite.

:p

I believe in England you would be happy Lampard would have played just a little bit like him!

Well, world cup over and I forgive you because you had an eye condition :)

Anyways Limbo is right

The FC HOLLYWOOD = Bayern Munich for 15 years! Or ist this your revenge for stealing your songs :neener:

ps.

can't post in this forum without the neener smiley :(

[quote=sayjann.....don't know much about Dong.

i know he was on loan in Belguim or Holland last Season and will be returning this Season.

he hasn't even got a Pro contract yet.....

Dong can't get a work permit and can't play for you until the end of the year when he qualifies for a European passport. Anyway don't expect too much of him, the Chinese players don't really excel in the PL.

found out a bit more about him.

you are correct about his situation but he will soon complete 3 Years playing in Europe and get the needed credentials.

Fergie rates him and says he could soon be at OT vying for a place.

still young and he would be bottom of the pecking order.

cool finish against the Kaiser Chiefs though......... :up:

Mr.Munch.

gonna join the PL Competition?.

Archived