06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

OK,the WC has finished so time to start a new Thread to chat about the upcoming Season.

let's try and keep all talk here and not keep starting new Threads about Football.

we are not even halfway through July and already Teams will be starting to play European Games this Week.

i was surprised to see that Newcastle will be playing this Weekend in the Intertoto Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fixtures/default.stm

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea's Kalou has been granted a WP which means he's eligible to play in the EPL this season.

So now Chelsea front line consists of Shevchenko, Drogba, Crespo and Kalou... (for those who don't know the last name..he's a super talent from Feyenoord and believe me, this guy can play and I think he'll fit right in the playstyle of the EPL)

What a luxury to have such a strong squad and strong subs. Let's hope he gets some minutes as it would be such a waste to let him rot on the bench.

I wonder if Liv, Ars or Man U have what it takes to stop FC Hollywood this season or it'll be their 3rd consecutive championship !!

My money's on Villa :D

nah,now they have lost Ballack they are nothing to anyone outside Munich.

i hope he plays the same way for Chelsea as he did in the WC...........he was shite.

and NEC will be champs this Season with the MU Players they have on loan........... :grinyes:

i hear MU are gonna give Vitesse RVN just so that they might have a chance of doing well.......... :spin:

The_Munchmaster said:

Really looking forward to the new season and obviously I'm hoping that Arsenal will be lifting the Premiership trophy at the end of their first season in their new stadium. If not I just hope it isn't Chelsea again, even Man U winning would be better!

Agree with Arsenal lifting the trophy, but in the even the good Lord doesn't grant me that wish, I'd rather man poo NOT win it. We'd never hear the end of it. At least with Chelski its bought and paid for.

I think Liverpool are looking stronger and stronger and will shock a few folks by challenging Chelski. Bellamy may have a temper but he's a great striker. Rumors are Defoe or Anelka may be headed there. If Kewell stays healthy and consistent on the left and they get someone on the right wing, they'll be formidable.

I don't see Arsenal having the same transitional season as last term. We've got a year to mentally get over having no Vieira and the CL run we had should boost confidence throughout the squad. If Ash Cole leaves it will be a big blow but Clichy should step in if he goes. I want Diaby back soon or a good defensive center mid in the interim. Macca would be perfect if we could get him.

If Man Poo can hold on to Ronaldo and Ruud they'll do okay. Capable of runner up. Right now, its Chelski's league befor a ball is even kicked. That squad is just too consistent. Hard to match them result for result, week in week out. If Ronaldo or Ruud leaves it will be a big blow and I would see a 3rd place showing at best if that happens.

It will be interesting to see if sperz build on last season or not.

MU got off to a bad start last Season and were playing catch-up all Season but were the only Team in with a chance of catching Chelsea for a brief moment in time..........not that it lasted well.

as usual Chelsea have gone out and spent a bit of Roman's petty cash and Liverpool have done their usual close Season deals......spending a bit of cash and i think Bellamy will be a good buy.

but i like MU's attitude,lots of rumours about Players coming and going but i see nothing concrete concrete coming out of the rumours.

but at least they are the only Team who are still trying to bring through the Youth instead of just spending Money............but then again we have fuck all to spend.........

where are the youth from Chelsea and many of the other top Teams?.

Ronaldo will not be a loss to MU.

overpriced when they bought him and i have been saying for a long time that i wanted him out of the Team.

but i doubt wether we would recoup the silly fee of 12.4 Million we paid for him.

i still think Kewell has been a failure at Liverpool.

had a good reputation when he went to Liverpool but has been so injury prone and again suffering from another one.

he had a purple patch for around 4 Games last Season but i think they need to let him go..........

Sayjann,

If you buy the players you like only then you have a problem.

Saying Ronaldo isn't a loss to Man U if he leaves is a joke.

There won't come a better opportunity along to sell him, so why the heck do you think they refuse to let him go?

Certainly not because he's loved by many, but because he's of great value to the club.

There are plenty of players around who I dislike but I respect them for helping my club in any way.

The fact that they're crappy people with rotten personalities etc etc is completely irrelevant.

I've said it before that I would hate to see him go as he can still improve a lot at Man U but not sure if the club is worthy of his services.

Archived