The Virgin Trade

chuckwoww

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand this wannabe hoping to make it big in the world of Hollywood, and getting noticed for his amateur production.

Thailand,prostitutes,sex tourists. Wow, this fellow really has

no original thoughts, a documentary about prostitution :sleeping:

Very little research or effort needed when in Pattaya to get video and information of the nightlife. Not exactly a shocking story :: Well, maybe he'll do better next time ::

Having studied a great deal of issues covering prostituition, human trafficking, poverty etc in my career I have found that even the state department of the United States admits that the numbers put forth by the NGO's especially in regard to issues like human trafficking are suspect at best as many of these NGO's have hidden agendas especially when it comes to justifying why countries/donors should give them bigger budgets.

That said if you look at the guys website he already has the appearance of some christ complex evidenced by a halo around his head. Couple that with him "saving" these innocent girls of walking street from evil men. I bet this line is used to garner a great deal of impressionable college tail.

Additionally the "facts" in the newspaper are vague and contradictory and so cannot be used as "evidence" that a real problem exists. I remember watching the Tsunami news 24/7 as I was there helping with the relief effort and there were no factual proven documented cases of human trafficking.

There was even a Indonesian businessman who had taken it upon himeslf to form groups that had nothing to do with law enforcement detain and question people (illegally I imagine) in order to ascertain if the child that was with them was theirs or not. They later admitted that they did not find one case.

When it comes to Thailand I have done a great deal of in the bar studies and surveys :beer::chili: and have not encountered a single lady who was forced into that business. All of them admitted that they were in it for the easy money.

I will say that after talking with locals and guys who have spent a great deal of time in LOS that these areas do exist and they are more likely to be frequented by Thai men and that a preponderence of these places are located on the border areas where it is difficult to enforce the law.

Interviews with US military personnel in Pattaya resulted in a story of an Air Force Commander who met with the Thai Police Chief (or senior cop) in Pattaya and asked him point blank in different ways which bars had human trafficking. The Thai responded each time and more angrily in each response that human trafficking did not occur in Pattaya.

It appeared that the AF commander was trying to paint the scene with a wide brush that meant that any bar that any form of prostitution was human trafficking.

Further AF members confided that they are being forced to take human trafficking training that tells them that any form of prostitution and even bars that have nude dancing are all engaged in human trafficking and/or support the trade.

Of course if that is the case then what about the prostitution in nevada and why are so many military folks in the strip clubs around the US bases? Hmmm a double standard maybe? American women are OK but Asian women not?

:soapbox:

Archived